contacted over very old debt

shadow8131
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

H i i love this forum i have used advice on here many times,

my problem is many years ago i had a bank account that ran into trouble i was made unemployed moved from the area etc etc,that was over twenty two years ago and for the last 20 years i have not been contacted paid or acknowledged any debt....then recently a company contacted me after being bought by another company saying they now manage the debt and if i pay half the amount it will clear the debt

then i received a phone message on my mobile(how did they get my mobile) asking if it was me i just ignored that message......

my question is i know its statue barred but i was reading about a statue demand....

do i meed to worry ...

any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

shadow8131

Ignore it. Should something of actual substance come along, and not a begging letter, then you can send the the SB missive.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi shadow8131,

If the debt is over 22 years old and you haven't made any payment at all for the past 20 years it is definitely statute barred.

A Statutory Demand is something quite different and often used by unscrupulous debt collectors when they actually have no physical proof that a debt is owed. They do this to try and avoid issuing County Court proceedings, and they hope that the debtor won't defend. Thankfully with advice from CAG many people have defended them successfully. I'd be astonished if even the most blatant of debt collectors would try that for a debt that is over 20 years old.

You have nothing to worry about. If they call again tell them it is statute barred and they won't be getting a penny and if they continue to call you will report them for harassment.

DD

woah. Wait a min. Is there a default on your credit file for this debt? Or do you mean default in the simple context, as its the only debt you havent paid?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

woah. Wait a min. Is there a default on your credit file for this debt? Or do you mean default in the simple context, as its the only debt you havent paid?

Think they mean the only default they have ever had...

Id like to know who the DCA is... If they say that they have recently been bought, Could be Lowell & Freds or Hoist With Robinson Way

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You could be right, but there are a lot of pond bottom feeders out there who even make that lot look like they are running a proper business-like operation.

Newmans and people like that.

There are quite a lot floating around at the moment chancing their arm by bullying people. There is one chasing someone on another thread who wants money but won't even say who is acting for!

Well as people have said it's been over twenty years for anything and I will Have to send a statue barred letter if contacted again and report for harassment....but I don't like the way they got my mobile I asked to be off the directory....

They can get it from any number of sources. If they continue to call, send arrow the telephone harassment letter and the SB letter.

Or just get your provider to block the call.

Here is another thread mentioning Clarity - I've never come across them before in five years here!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?83329-Clarity-Very-Strange-Letter!

I don't think you have much to worry about. Please note post 7 on the thread.

DD