FBI discovers hacking attempt PDL fraud - Elite Loans, Loans Direct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning to everyone here at CAG, another one of the many issues we've had to face at least it's not a council issue as before.

I'm here to warn everyone and I have been a bit lazy and not searched the forum for any related articles, but I do feel this information needs to be passed on. This information concerns several business's and so I will Bold each one and to why I'm warning people of this. I will also provide as much information as I can, including links "BUT PLEASE DON'T USE THESE COMPANIES"

The reason I'm posting this, is due to my wife.

I run my own Small Business and by small I mean we currently only have one client, I also have a very bad credit history (though we are trying to resolve this) so trying to get the business of the off the ground with no money and no financial help is very hard work (Especially when you can't get credit). My wife works in order to bring in a steady income enough for our family to survive while we sort out our financial situation and get the business running. Now this concerns several business's in the "PayDay" loan sector and the mistake my wife made (Though not through any fault of her own), so I would like to pass this information on to everyone. So due to it coming up to Christmas, we have been short on money and so my wife looked at some loans and this is where it starts.

Hypercross Limited: CN: 07720400 - Trading as Just Lend Cash

They sent out a text message to my wife

TELE: +447557745400 - http://www.justlendcash.co.uk - Need a loan for Christmas? Get cash in your account today with up to 3 month to payback, to opt out text END)

This appealed to my wife, as it was offering the loan to be paid back over 3 months. So she went to the website and saw it was a form for a loan and filled out the details.

justlendcash.png

justlendcash_1.png

My wife being my wife, didn't think anything strange of this and so she hit the apply button and waited. This is where it all went wrong, as rather than tell her yes or no she's got the loan it redirected to the following site.

http://www.loans-directuk.net/

Now if you look at the site, it tells you that it's a membership site and will cost you £69.95 to sign up. However this was not the case for my wife and it had automatically signed her up to the site. Though I have been through the email account in question and cannot find any emails from either company to confirm this, the only email I have is from me advising them that this was done fraudulently and advised if they take any money from the account it would be reported as so.

So they did take the money from the account and subsequently been reported for fraud to the police, Action Fraud and the bank. We are just awaiting on the pending transaction to go through, at which point the bank will claw back the funds.

DO NOT USE JUST LEND CASH - THEY FRAUDULENTLY OBTAIN MONIES BY DECEPTION

Ok so the next one has got me very angry, even to a point I'm half tempted to visit this companies so called office of registration I only live 30 minutes from them.

Frontier Finance Limited: CN: 06081861 - Personal Loan Finder (PLF)

Will add contact number they call from later

This was a cold call from the company PLF, I was around at the time of the call though not during the initial stages of the call.

During this call they took details from my wife, including Debit Card details. I caught the call at this point and asked my wife to tell the lady on the phone that I wished to speak to her, she rang off as I said hello. My wife advises me that they had asked her to go to the website once she received the login details to approve the loan, so the text came through and this time I did the website information and looked at it.

So I logged into the account with the details they provided and the first thing I noticed was the fee required, which was £39.99 at this point I said to my wife that there was no chance as I'm not paying a fee and we left it at that. Now my wife went to work and came home at 9pm, to advise me she had been paid a day early. So with the first part of this topic, I logged onto the account with the intention of removing all funds from the account to stop any money from leaving if it did. To my amazement, there was a discrepancy of £158.27 this rang alarm bells straight away. The £69 had been taken by Loans Direct for which was the reason for login into the account in the first place to make sure fund were not available to this company.

There was however another £89.50 missing that was not accounted for, so we contacted the banks fraud department who have now advised that the £89.50 was taken by a company called Elite Loans Limited. This rang further alarms bells, as my wife had not had any dealings with this company and so I investigated and what I found is shocking to say the least.

Elite Loans Limited: CN: 7179840

I've checked their website and also done a Companies House check on the company to see if they are a sister company of Frontier Finance who operate Personal Loan Finder and this is what I found and according to the details on companies house and on company check, they don't appear to be related but I know they are because it's the only other company that has taken my wife's debit card details..

Frontier Finance has in the last 24 hour since I raised a complaint to them (as the only way to contact them was through an email address, as the telephone numbers don't work) and advised I have reported them, have now removed their company number from their website or it's not at the bottom where it was last night.

Since all this has happened, we have raised this with the police as fraud who have passed details across to Action Fraud. I've also contacted Action Fraud, who will be contacting me at some point today to discuss further. It has also been reported to the bank, who are going to claw back the monies and dispute against both companies.

Now my advice to anyone and everyone, including those of you who feel you would know better. Investigate a company first, if it sounds to good to be true it most certainly is. Do all the necessary checks first and under no circumstance give out you Debit/Credit Card details over the phone especially if they require you to approve via a website and even then make sure you read the fine print. I've listed some links of useful site to use below.

http://companycheck.co.uk/ - Check out the company first

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I will post up more information on how we get on, as and when we get it.

Edited by mapadale

Noted. Are you also DUCrimson?

HB

Yes, that account can be removed now I've found my original.

Right I've just checked my wife's email account and this was sat in their.

Hi xxx,

It looks as though you haven't spoken to us or the lender about your loan.

Contact with us or the lender is essential if you want to get your money.

You can visit us at PersonalLoanFinder.co.uk

Reference:

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards,

Personal Loan Finder

www.personalloanfinder.co.uk

So I've responded back to them.

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting me with regards to this.

You have stolen money form my account at a total of £89.50, this was not authorised as I have not taken the personal loan from you (And don't intend to) and so you should not have taken any monies in regards to the administration fee which is listed on your site as £39.99. I've been in touch with South Yorkshire Police and reported this as fraud, I've also been in touch with Action Fraud and reported this as fraud and also to my bank.

I've also raised concerns over your business, as your registered business is Frontier Finance CPN:xxx and yet your other company Elite Loans has taken this money from my account CPN:xxx. I have had no dealings with Elite Loans and so this amounts to fraudulent business and is being reported to the FSA and the office of Fair Trading.

I would advise that you return the stolen money to me immediately by transfer.

I will also advise that this email has been passed to Action Fraud and my bank, who will be contacting you in due course. I will also be seeking legal advice and pursuing this matter further through the courts.

Regards

[name edited]

Edited by honeybee13
Name and reference nos removed

Right we now appear to have some developments from Loans Direct, this email was received from them today.

This is the first email that was sent to them, if you ever have to deal with companies. The stock advice for anyone, is to contact them either by letter or email and never by phone, as that way you have a paper trail.

I recently received a text message stating that I could get a loan from http://www.justlendcash.co.uk, I've filled out all the necessary details in regards to the loan I asked for only to be diverted to http://www.loans-directuk.net and subsequently no actual loan confirmation but a site that does loan searches.

This is not only miss-leading, but is in breach of ASA regulations. Please cancel my account immediately and beware, that if any funds are taken from my account I will be contacting not only the police and reporting theft, but also raising it as fraud.

Regards

This then came not much longer after I sent the above email.

Loans Direct

Hi xxxx

I hope you have found the solution I have already sent you useful, here are a couple of other products that other customers like you find useful.

Clear Account

Borrow up to £500, apply online - high acceptance rates!

To Apply Click here now

LUMA Card

Card limit of up to £1,500 - easy and fast to set up.

To Apply Click here now

Many Thanks,

The Loans Direct Team

P.S If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch by email [email protected] or call 0844 704 8272.

So I responded to that email.

Please read your bloody emails, as this account was setup without my authorisation from an online form for a loan.

I did not ask to be signed up to your site and I have reported it as FRAUD.

Return what you owe me in monies please.

We then get the following response from them.

Your request (#xxxxx) has been updated. Reply to this email or follow the link below:

http://loansdirect.zendesk.com/requests/xxxxx

Jonathan Williams, Dec 11 15:01 (GMT):

Many thanks for your email.

We are really sorry about the situation you find yourself in, one of our Account Managers will call you shortly from an 0844 or an 0203 number to resolve your matter.

If you would like to specify a contact number, please let us know so that we are better able to assist you.

Alternately, please feel free to call an account manager in the meantime on 0203 432 8019. Their operating hours are between 8am and 8pm on weekdays and 8am-12pm on Saturdays.

Thanks and Regards

Customer Services

Unfortunately my wife is unable to deal with the call, so the following email has been sent to them and I await the call.

Thank you for your contact, unfortunately I'm unable to take the call as I am at work.

If you could please contact my husband on xxxxxxxxxxx, he is dealing with the matter in my absence.

If they call, you NEED to record it in full. Otherwise it is completely pointless.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well we've had some developments in this case of fraud, to which I don't think this guy clearly understands the implications of this.

Jonathan Williams, Dec 12 08:21 (GMT):

Thanks for your email, we will need to speak to you with regards to this matter. Please give us a call on 0203 432 8019 to get through to one of our Customer Service Agents so that they can deal with your request as quickly as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Loans Direct

Customer Service

So lets see if we can use that against him and get this sorted.

You clearly don't get this do you, your fraudulently by deception stole money from me. It is your duty to be contacting me with regards to this matter, as I have filed a complaint

of "FRAUD" to South Yorkshire Police, Action Fraud and Barclay's bank.

If a manager does not contact my husband immediately, to which this is an authoritative email for my husband to act on my behalf under the 1998 Data Protection Act. Then you give me no other choice but to contact the ASA, FSA & ICC, to which I will pursue the matter via the court and have your company stripped of its Consumer Credit License. Once the license has been removed, your directors Mr Samuel Leonard-Williams & Mr Syed Mohamad Iqbal Hassan Rizvi will be blacklisted for deception.

This would not only effect the business, but also their personal lives as they would not be able to obtain credit in the future.

You are also in breach of the ICC regulations, as you obtained my personal details by deception and then passed those details on to third parties without my authorisation.

Your choice.

Now even more of a waiting game from Loans Direct.

We've also not had anything back yet from PLF (Frontier Finance)

So another development in the case against Loans Direct, this time via text message.

Your LoansDirectUK.Net refund of £69.75 has been processed. Please allow 5-7 working days for this amount to clear in your bank account.

Though this is a good development, it's not quite there yet for the resolution required. As the funds were taken from the debit card on Tuesday, the deception happened on Monday. If they think that returning the money in 5-7 working days is satisfactory, they have another thing coming.

Ok so we now have even more details with regards to this, this has come in the form of a phone call and here are the details.

I'm not going to put the full transcript down.

My wife was contacted by Loans Direct : 02030518082. The contact was made by a Mr Ken Davis Account Manager for loans Direct.

Mr Ken Davis confirmed DPA with my wife and then continued the call with myself, Mr Davis advised that a refund was being processed, however it would only be £40 plus a bit of change as per their Terms and Conditions. I advised Mr Davis that as the money had been obtained by deception and that my wife didn't sign up to their site that their terms and conditions were void. Mr Davis again tried to advise that under their terms and conditions, I cut him short and spoke over the top of him and advised again that the money had been obtained by deception and that under the consumer credit act my wife was entitled to a full refund.

Mr Davis then subsequently advised that they are not bound by the consumer credit act, to which I advised that they are as they have a consumer credit license. Mr Davis then put me on hold, Mr Davis then came back and advised that a full refund would be issued within 1 - 7 working days. I advised Mr Davis that this was not satisfactory, as they had obtained the monies from the Debit card which also means they have the facility to transfer that money back today. Mr Davis then again tried to site their terms and conditions, I cut him short again and advised him that Loans Direct have been reported for Fraud by Deception and that the money was obtained by deception and yet again had to remind him that their terms and conditions were void.

Mr Davis again put me on hold (More than likely to confirm with a manager, so I don't believe he knows what he's actually doing), yet again he advised the money had been refunded and would be in the account within 1 - 7 working days. I then reminded him of the regulations as outlined by the FSA and the conditions they have to follow with regards to their Consumer Credit License (Thanks to CAG for this). At this point Mr Davis advised that they don't have access to BACS and that they use a merchant bank, I asked Mr Davis who the Merchant bank was and advised that I am entitled to know this, at this point Mr Davis ended the call.

So what can we take from this, well that's simple don't trust Loans Direct. We are also raising this to the ICC with regards to breach of the Data Protection Act as they passed on my wife's details to other third parties without authorisation. We are pursuing this matter further, especially on the grounds of Fraud and Deception.

Screw with me, I screw with you.

Here is the Consumer Credit License for Loans Direct.

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:

Licence Status:

Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Loans Direct UK Limited 6907433

Categories:

Credit brokerage

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:

No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Independent Loan Company

Loan Solve Direct

Loan Spotter

LSD Finance

Mr Money

Issued Date:

03-Jun-2009

Date Maintenance Payment Due:

02-Jun-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Labiba Rizvi

Samuel Leonard-Williams

Syed Mohamad Iqbal Hassan Rizvi

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence Paragon House (3rd Floor LDUK), 48, Seymour Grove, MANCHESTER, M16 0LN, United Kingdom

Principal Place Of Business Paragon House (3rd Floor - LDUK), 48, Seymour Grove, MANCHESTER, M16 0LN, United Kingdom

Registered Office 7, St. Petersgate , Loans Direct Uk, Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 1EB, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 90, Victoria Avenue East, MANCHESTER, M9 6HF, United Kingdom

Principal Place Of Business 1A Metro House, 81, Dane Road, SALE, Cheshire, M33 7BP, United Kingdom

Registered Office 1A Metro House, 81, Dane Road, Sale, Cheshire, Manchetser, M33 7BP, England

Registered Office Loans Direct , 7, St. Petersgate , Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 1EB, United Kingdom

Registered Office Paragon House (LDUK 3rd Floor), 48, Seymour Grove, MANCHESTER, M16 0LN, United Kingdom

This has now been raise to the following agencies.

ICO - Information Commissioners Office : Regarding breach of the Data Protection Act - For obtaining data by deception and then passing it on to third parties.

FOS - Financial Ombudsman Service : Regarding obtaining monies by deception

OFT - Office Fair Trading : As the company has a Consumer Credit License they are in breach of regulations.

Still no response from PLF as of yet.

Well so much for Loans Direct closing the account and returning monies, they are still emailing my wife.

loans Direct

A lot of our members think that taking out another loan is the best way to manage their debts.

But, a lot of our members actually prefer to use a different solution, that I think you might like.

peachy

Debt Line

Clear your debts with a single monthly payment.

To start getting debt free click here

peachy

IDebt Plan

An online solution for managing your debts

To start getting debt free click here

Many Thanks,

The Loans Direct Team

P.S If you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch by email [email protected] or call 0844 704 8272.

So another email response to their marketting.

Are you talking the $£"%^&* ****!!!!

Not only have you taken money fraudulently, you've also taken the personal details by deception and passed them onto other companies.

Your in breach of your Consumer Credit License, as one of your own account managers thinks you don't conform to it: Ken Davis

You've been reported for fraud and theft and breach of the 1998 Data Protection Act

You are also supplying me with more evidence against your company.

And the same standard stock response from them again.

Thank you for your email. All correspondence is important to us.

One of our agents will review your email and come back to you as soon as they become available.

If you need to speak speak to an advisor in the meantime please call 0844 704 9585

To add additional comments, reply to this email or follow the link below:

http://loansdirect.zendesk.com/requests/79876

• 1 month later...

Here we thought it was over and finished, how wrong were we.

Checked our account today and guess what, Loans Direct and Elite Loans have stolen monies out the account again.

The bank should have stopped this when it was reported to them as fraud, but it looks like the back didn't stop the payments on the account. Looks like banks in trouble for this one now.

Get the fos fca and oft involved. Also consider court action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

If you can, go to your branch and stay there till the money is re credited. Your bank has failed in its duty of care as required by BCoBs.

You reported the fraud. They should stop any funds leaving your account and immediately refund the amounts while investigating.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

If you can, go to your branch and stay there till the money is re credited. Your bank has failed in its duty of care as required by BCoBs.

You reported the fraud. They should stop any funds leaving your account and immediately refund the amounts while investigating.

Loans direct have paid back what they took, but it's the other one that hasn't.

The biggest issue with the other one, is actually finding the right company that is behind the loan company. So far I've found a total of 5 different companies, each one related with effectively false contact details. According to the bank, as it wasn't a continues payment it was allowed to go through.

That is very strange as Loans Direct and Elite are the same company

Furze Bank looks like serviced offices as checks show 102 companies use the same post code.

Edited by Mr lex
new person at this address, getting hate mail

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you dont mind me contacting you but the same thing has just happened to me I company by the name of Elite Mortgages and Loans who are also linked to Loan Pal who ive never even heard of have taken £89.50 out of my bank. The only way I can get it back is to write to them asking for it back. I was just looking at your thread and I have just reported both websites to Action Fraud, I have also wrote to them cancelling any services that I havnt even asked for I think like you my details have been passed on as Im sure I would never have gone with a company that charges any fees I have payday loans before and Ive never paid an upfront fee, these b*****ds need shutting down. I also noticed in a thread on page 2 of this that you mention ************ as being the director well this is the same person that is the director of Loan Pal and Elite loans and Mortgages, that's a coincidence. Any advice would be good my bank have just told me to write to them or try to get in touch but Ive had nothing from them, Im so annoyed and frustrated and want to do something about it but not sure what to do next!!!

Edited by Mr lex
This person was employed by Elite and no longer works for them. he was deceived too. Mr Lex via facebook

Does anyone know anything about the following address......

139 RED BANK ROAD,BLACKPOOL,FY2 9HZ.

The reason why I ask,is because over the last couple of days,I have received 2 texts regarding loans.

The first one was from a company called CASHBOMB.CO.UK.Their site says that they are affiliated to HYPERCROSS,who have already been mention in this thread.

The second text was from a company called NEWLENDER.CO.UK.Their site says that they are affiliated to TREE FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS.

Company records show that Hypercross and TFS are both registered at 139 Red Bank Road.

But Cashbomb's site say they are registered in Manchester and Newlender's site says they are registered in London.

I have done a quick check on 139 Red Bank Road and there seems to be some dubious companies registered there.Also,some of the directors are in several companies,or their relations are.

Regards,John.

Ive had about 18 texts from some of the companies named above, and simply forwarded the message to my providers spam text line. 7726, the spam line then wanted the original sending phone no to block them.

These companies are using an 'automated number generator' program to generate numbers and hope that they can catch a few people.

If you are on Pay as you Go and open one of their links they will drain the credit from your phone (allegedly, I'm aware of one person this happened to, just topped their phone up with £15 and it went as soon as one text came in....

The names I have had texts from are

Newlender

Cashbomb

Fastcash

Lendmobile

247Funds

ezmobile.co.uk (who said I had been guaranteed a smartphone

Inyourskyrocket

sonicboomloan

lightningdosh

loveyourloantime

doshdragon

lendgb - this was the start of the texting explosion (I had NO texts from companies prior to this one contacting me) on 24th January

All bar lendgb and doshdragon are using 078600319xx as a number to text STOP to - why the hell should I STOP something that I have never signed up to in the first place still baffles me.... and again replying to this number generates a high rate call charge.

I've sent a list to the ICO and the OFT but have heard nothing from either company.

Sillygirl.

By what I have seen,you can be charged up to £1.50 plus network charge to send a STOP text to these companies.If 1000 people fall for this con a day,that could create a revenue of £1500/day.Not a bad little sideline.

As yet,I have not heard of them being able to drain your PAYG credit.I will have to read up on this.

Hypercross seem to have a lot of PDL companies,as your above list has shown.But there are others too,just Google their CCL number........ 646815

S.c.a.madvisor is giving warnings about several of their sites,as their internet sites are based in Ireland,but also could be in the USA.The warnings might be because some of the sites are fairly new.

Mr Alan Livsey.Have you heard of him,he is in the driving seat of Hypercross.

Regards,John.