esa and pension credit

dillm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Currently in receipt of contributory ESA plus pension credit ESA runs out in may next year but was told I was given an ESA review date in 2015 any one know whether I will stay on Pension Credit or whether I will need to claim Income based ESA/ universal credit I reach retirement age in sept 15

Edited by dillm

If your contributory ESA stops, the difference should be made up by pension credit, as long as you don't voluntarily stop claiming ESA.

Even if you do stop ESA Voluntarily you can go onto full pension credit.

My ESA Contribution based will end next July. I rang Pension Credit and they confirmed I can drop the ESA on renewal and go onto full Pension Credit

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Even if you do stop ESA Voluntarily you can go onto full pension credit.

My ESA Contribution based will end next July. I rang Pension Credit and they confirmed I can drop the ESA on renewal and go onto full Pension Credit

Be careful, I've had clients who've had the decision maker turn round and say that the claimant in those circumstances is depriving themselves of income. Maybe they've stopped the practice now, but personally, before I committed, I'd want confirmation from a decision maker and not a phone monkey.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Be careful, I've had clients who've had the decision maker turn round and say that the claimant in those circumstances is depriving themselves of income. Maybe they've stopped the practice now, but personally, before I committed, I'd want confirmation from a decision maker and not a phone monkey.

I'm damned if I can find it now but I did see a post on some forum or other stated that the Pensions Service had confirmed that there was no problem now switching from ESA to PC.

I know that earlier this year there were some problems but as far as I know now that problem has been sorted.

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

I'm damned if I can find it now but I did see a post on some forum or other stated that the Pensions Service had confirmed that there was no problem now switching from ESA to PC.

I know that earlier this year there were some problems but as far as I know now that problem has been sorted.

I hope so, the old system was very unfair

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop