Court Order For Questioning Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received (yesterday) a Court Order for Questioning and the date is Monday coming!

my question/query is:

the debt is against me personally,

I have a personal bank account that has about £2 in it!

My husband and I run a business and money from clients all goes into the business account and I dont draw a salary.

If the debt is personal,

do I have to take the business statements etc.....

The debt is not against the business, it's me personally.

Or am I clutching at straws

Thank you in advance x

I think you may need to expand on the debt history and at what stage of court proceedings is the order relating to.

Regards

Andy

Thread moved to Legal Financial Issues

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Andy, sorry I put it in the wrong bit.

The case went to court where I attempted to have the case set aside to no avail. This was on May of this year. The last words between the judge and the claimant were "send in the bailiffs" basically. I have heard nothing more until yesterday when the court bailiff appeared with the N39 Order for Questioning. As it happens I know the bailiff and he told me he had spoken to the Claimant some time ago and told him that I simply did not have the money, as was said in court when the "send in the bailiffs" comment was made. The bailiff knows that everything here is basically needed and/or owned by our business.

So it just crossed my mind that the bank account is a business account, not me personally. Hence the question/query.

The claimant has been chasing me for 10 years! And you think he has finally given up and then 6 months later, a year later, does something else. The bailiff even suggested I apply for a restriction order against him! The whole situation is crazy. He has escalated a £700 debt to £2600.

Well if its a personal debt unconnected to the business...then you only disclose and provide information re your own personal income /account/assets.

Your business..... are you a Limited Company / Personal Guarantor?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread