Brand new conservatory problems

Stevecroft100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had a new conservatory constructed 5 weeks ago and it has been leaking ever since. Company have been out twice to it but have failed to fix it. Have paid out over £16000 pounds so far with just over £3000 still to pay. They seem now to be not returning my calls. Any suggestions as a next step to get them to take some action to put it right. Steve

Hi and welcome to CAG

I would be inclined to give them one more chance so I would write to them-don't phone- telling them what you want from them and if they fail, you get a quote for the repair and if it is more than the 3K you still owe expect them to cough up.

Others nay disagree of course so hang fire for more opinions

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

Send the company a letter.

Take a copy of it and send it recorded delivery so they would have to sign for it.

Give them say 28 days to reply.

In the meantime, do you have legal expenses advice on your buildings and contents insurance?

Phone them up and ask for their advice.

Tell them you have sent a final written letter to the company concerned.

You might be able to claim on that!!

We had a lean to conservatory installed by a reputable company two years ago but have noticed some blistering or bubbles on the brown exterior UPVC (Profile). When a fitter from the Company who sold us the Conservatory visited us he was able to peel away the profile on one of the affected areas like elastic. Could there be a problem with the product itself, caused during the manufacturing process or may the blistering have been caused by any adhesive used during the installation process? The Company, suppliers and manufacturers all insist that it is something we have caused and yet we have only used mild washing up liquid for cleaning purposes, as recommended by the manufacturer. Does anyone know how this blistering might have occurred and offer us some advice as to our next course of action. Proving liability is very difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Thank you for all of the advice so far. The current situation is that the company have had four opportunities to fix the problem and the roof continues to leak. I am at a loss to what to do next. The representative from the company is visiting on Wednesday to discuss the situation. What would be the best way to proceed from this point? Any suggestions?

Steve

Steve

If you have legal expenses on your buildings and contents insurance contact them and initiate a claim.

Send them all correspondence you have to date.

Keep all copies and send everything recorded delivery.

Most people like me have this on your insurance and are normaly covered up to £50K for each claim including court costs.

Good luck xx

Obviously the problem here, is locating the leak.

Ask the supplier, to send a surveyor, to find the issues

and to agree on the remedial work to be carried out

You may wish also to employ the services of an independent surveyor.