• Tweets

• Thanks once again dx! Your advice is greatly appreciated. I think you forgot the bit where you say "In future contact CAG first." At least I would have saved £69 but I've learned a lesson way more valuable and that's not to ignore a debt just hoping it will go away after 6 years. Here's hoping as a gesture of good will they actually remove it. Although theoretically they could also put a satisfied default on my file as well. The irony is that I only found out because I wanted another contract with EE. They told me I'd never get another EE contract with the AP markers on my file until it was paid off, so that's why I thought it would be resolved. Interestingly Lowell put up a proper fight after their account dropped off the CRA but you're correct. It wasn't written off! They ended up agreeing in writing "to no longer enforce the debt"
    • I'm further confused, in your defence you stated: 1.  The Defendant is the recorded keeper of [motor vehicle] And not only that, this started out as you putting the wrong registration number in, you PAID for the parking, you just made an error putting the wrong reg in? ... de minimis? That was the crux of the case, what did the judge say about that?
    • My emailed letters to P2G have been received and considered by David Jeremia Schnur who is P2G's 'Escalation and Complaints Adviser'. His response is attached. 19Apr24 David Schnur Linked In page.pdf 19Apr24 P2G email to me confirming my emails received.pdf
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Not prosecuting in the public interest seems to be bandied about on forums frequented by students. I don't think I've ever seen a prosecution not go ahead because of that. You would have to define why it isn't in the public interest to prosecute someone who isn't paying their way and is costing other travellers more. I can't think of a reason. HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How exactly do you get complaints resolved through NHS

creepin60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted on the thread for 'don't get old and ill' saying that problems aren't just restricted to older patients. I made a complaint on behalf of my son, who is in his 30's, to try and save him having any more stress than necessary as he has a congenital heart condition.

Briefly, last year, 2012, routine annual check he reported palpitations. Doctor ordered a 24 hour monitor but the results were never given so my son thought there wasn't anything too bad otherwise he would have been contacted. At the appointment consultation he was told to go to A & E if these got worse. Having already had dealings with A & E for a kidney problem he really didn't feel it would do any good at all sitting there for in excess of 4 hours waiting to be seen so he didn't go although he probably should have done but didn't realise that at the time.

2013, annual check again, palpitations picked up by consultant and he was admitted to hospital pretty much as an emergency. Had a minor procedure and was discharged with warfarin and beta blockers. He was told to go to the anti-coagulant clinic to get the warfarin dosage. First visit was OK but he was told to go to the ward for the second appointment where he was kept waiting 3 hours for a simple blood test. Then he was given an appointment for 6 weeks after with completely the wrong surgeon. Doctor at that appointment asked why he was there, what had he come for, did he have an appointment, letter or something? Yes he did have a bl***y letter, sent from the hospital department he was being treated by. Couldn't find the notes either.

Had another monitor early October, he was contacted virtually immediately after he took it back to the hospital and admitted as an emergency to a high dependency ward. He was due to have an MRI scan, it took months to even attempt to arrange this, and a fitness test, which got cancelled and re-arranged twice in a short space of time.

That is just the tip of the iceberg and there were several other complaints, questions etc which we wanted answers to. The complaint went through PALS as this was the only way complaints could be registered. It was escalated to the Division, whatever that is, and a letter in late October said that an investigation had been completed and the response was going to the Chief Executive for signature on 8th November.

Today is 10th December and I am still trying to get some information. PALS are difficult to contact, I have phoned, sent emails, sent letters etc. but information and contact has been sporadic to say the least. I wrote to the Chief Executive and the Chairman of the Trust, both registered letters but the letter to the Chief Executive was just passed to PALS with an acknowledgement coming from them to say they would be in touch, which they haven't, and would assign a case manager, which I already have. Absolutely nothing from the Chairman, not even an acknowledgement. How rude.

In sheer desperation I contacted the Ombudsman but, of course, they can do nothing until I have the final response. I'm still trying to get the damned final response. I'm still trying to get PALS to contact me, I'm sick of leaving messages and nobody returns calls and I'm sick of sending emails asking for a call or some answers. This is a life these people are dealing with, not some item in an in tray that needs attention when they feel like getting around to it.

Anybody any suggestions what I can do to sort this fiasco out, any help would be most gratefully received.

Write to your MP or better still write to him and go to see him at his surgery. He won't be able to do much but an MPs letter gets more attention than a member of the public. There are various websites out there that will send an email to your MP on your behalf.

This any use to you?

http://www.voiceability.org/what_we_do/statutory_advocacy/nhs_complaints_advocacy

I've just logged a complaint which PALS have declined to get involved with but they did send me an email with a load of self help links - which was nice! Suggesting I ask that service for advocacy help.

Thank you for the help and information, most grateful.

My son lives in Manchester and I live in Kent so I think I would have to contact his MP on his behalf so I will investigate that but I really don't want to put any more stress on him than is needed at the moment. Other than one very good and very concerned doctor my son has had appalling treatment so far and the poor doctor is in the hands of the admin staff to do letters etc for more appointments and they really don't bother to do anything other than at a snails pace. How can it take 2 weeks to type a letter?

The acknowledgement I had from PALS had a phone number on it. Believe it or not the phone number was for a FAX machine!!!

I'm pretty sure that the Chief Executive and the Chairman didn't even see what letters were sent to them. They were signed for by 'Dave'. Emailed PALS again yesterday, no response so I called them. When I eventually spoke to a human rather than a machine, they said they would call back. Guess what, no call again so I'll call again tomorrow see what happens.

I'm investigating the link given, and thank you for that, I'll see what that brings.

My son needs a valve replacement but we haven't even got to the cardiologist follow up appointment yet so no idea when he will actually get an appointment for the surgeon. His health is deteriorating and as he lives on his own it is worrying me sick at the moment. The stress is taking its toll on both of us, why should it be like this, why can't these secretaries and administrators ever read what's in a letter? I am beginning to wonder if they can even read, it's horrible, like living in a nightmare and not being able to wake up.

Quick update, I took a chance and emailed one of the board of governors who then emailed the Chairman about my concerns. I received an email fairly quickly from the Chairman full of apologies and said he could not recall ever having seen my letter. It just goes to show that if you write to the head bod, the secretary gets hold of the letter and decides what to do with it. I suspect in this case as there were some pretty serious complaints, the letter was probably just completely disregarded. Again the admin staff just don't bother to read anything, that's the biggest problem and needs to be dealt with.

After 4 emails and 4 or 5 phone calls, finally I spoke to the complaints manager at PALS. He was unfamiliar with the case so he's gone off to do his homework and has said he'll call back tomorrow when he has found out what all the fuss is about. We'll wait and see.

Hi creepin60

Don't give up you are doing the right thing here by not letting this go as hopefully they will learn from this experience and improve the service to all patients, I would still advise going to your MP and raising your issue with them and showing them the response from the Chairman and the PALS Manager.

I hope your sons health is improving and wish you and your son well

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

We seem to be getting somewhere or at least I think we are. The complaints manager did call back and talked about meetings etc. and is trying to get answers. The doctor taking care of my son and the senior nurse are both brilliant, doing all they can to get him sorted out and, more importantly, keeping him updated. Nothing that has happened was their fault, most of the problems, other than one doctor last year not being on the ball, have been caused by admin/clerical staff and at the moment we seem to be by-passing them which is good. PALS apparently didn't agree with some of the responses from the higher ups to the complaints I made so that's why there has been a delay. Pity someone didn't let me know what was going on but I think that may have changed now so again we'll wait and see what happens next. As long as I get explanations and my son has the treatment he needs I will be quite happy but when I see him next we will certainly put a letter together for his MP and send it anyway just in case things go pear shaped again.

I feel sorry for some of the medical staff whose hands are tied by having to follow procedure which entails relying on admin staff to issue requests for appointments. It must be very frustrating when a letter is dictated but it takes at least 2 weeks for it to get typed up and sent, and that's exactly what's happening. Can these people only type one word a day or something? Why on earth does it take 2 weeks or more to do a letter? Have they not heard that there is an internal phone system for more pressing requests? Have they not already got a standard request letter which just needs a patients' name and the department it's going to inserted? Thousands of pounds could be saved by just a simple action of using a bit of common sense and by departments actually talking to each other. It's the patients who are important not the long winded, out dated, inadequate procedure. The mind boggles.

Knew it was too good to be true, back to the non return of calls, back to the no promised calls. If these places have a complaints procedure why can't they deal with complaints? Where's the problem? All the complaints made were very easy to verify. All I want is to know why things went wrong and why they are still going wrong. Why can't the admin staff learn to read what's in front of them? They're the ones who have caused most of the complaints, and why does a head of department not do some checks on patients progress? This is getting silly now but I'll keep plodding on until I get some answers and make sure my son's treatment is sorted properly.

• 4 weeks later...

In reply to 'any news with this - absolutely ***all at the moment. Promised a final response around 8th November, nothing. Wrote to the Chief Executive and the Trust Chairman. Chief executive admin assistant just sent the details straight back to PALS, Trust Chairman claims he never even saw the letter even though the letters were sent recorded, signed for and they were signed for by 'Dave'. Put a review on NHS choices which prompted a response from the hospital, PALS came back again with the usual 'we have returned the response received from the Division, as it was incomplete. We will respond next week or the week after.' That was just before Christmas and guess what 3 weeks later - absolutely nothing. The Ombudsman cannot take any action until I have the final response, although they are interested, nothing can be done until this crowd respond.

I most certainly am not going to give up. Most of the problems are being caused by admin staff who, judging by what I have seen, have no idea what they are doing, can't read, have no common sense and couldn't care less about anyone but themselves. How would any one of them or any of the medical staff feel if they had a son or daughter or any age who had been put through what my son has been put through. I think the admin staff would certainly very quickly learn to read then and the not so good medical staff on wards would have second thoughts about sitting on their backsides ignoring buzzers. And before anyone says they don't ignore buzzers, yes they do especially when it's around shift change time. Don't be ill or want something around then, there's no way you'll get any attention that is assuming the buzzer has been put within your reach. It isn't always.

I know hospitals are busy. I know everyone is under pressure but what does it take for someone at the top who is supposed to know what's going on to actually make sure their staff are doing their jobs properly and not spending most of their time nattering, drinking coffee and wandering about with a piece of paper in their hand looking as though they are doing something. I can assure you they are doing absolutely nothing. I feel sorry for some of the medical staff who are doing an excellent job and have to cover for these morons and for other medical staff who are simply not up to the job. No easy solution to any of it and my son is still waiting to find out what happens next.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update and a plea for advice on which way to take this further. After the biggest load of c**p spouted by this lot then it needs to go much higher

Finally received the 'Final Response' from the Chairman of the Trust, if it was actually from him which I doubt. Everything raised had an apology and virtually everything complained about was admitted and some sort of excuse given for the mistakes.

They admitted a test and its results, which were very relevant to treatment, were not recorded for some reason and gave the excuse that the doctor concerned had moved to another health trust. They said the test and its results had now been recorded on my son's notes. Only 14 months late but that had been done. If it had been done in the first place then a very different treatment plan would have been made and in this letter they have sort of shot themselves in the foot by saying that they wouldn't give medication to control palpitations without investigation. Somebody lost vital test results which we now know showed without any shadow of doubt that the heart rate was higher than normal which to a congenital heart patient isn't good and needs to be investigated to see what's causing it.

The incident where my son was sent to completely the wrong consultant was put down to an error when he was admitted. Apparently this incompetent ward clerk hadn't recorded the correct consultant when my son was admitted and failed to notice when he was discharged. This same idiot ward clerk couldn't even spell his name correctly on the list of patient locations at the reception desk to the ward and this same idiot is still employed doing the same job messing up some other poor patients treatment, appointments, notes and test results.

What I would like help with now is what next for the best. I contacted the Ombudsman before I received this load of nonsense and was told that they would be very interested once I had the final response. They gave me a reference number and contact numbers but this whole fiasco has cost both me and my some varying amounts of money in the way of expenses, loss of earnings for my son, curtailed holiday for me not to mention the diesel I've had to put in the tank for the 600 mile round trips to support, hospital visit and overall care.

Do I go back to the Ombudsman or do I contact a specialist solicitor for what looks like a case of medical negligence as some of the issues have certainly been detrimental to his treatment. Some treatment and tests were significantly delayed with the excuses given being pretty shallow.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

• 5 months later...

Ombudsman has been informed and even they cannot get this crowd to respond and what's more even after complaints about mistakes, they're still making the same mistakes and on top of that at the last appointment they lost his notes AGAIN. This is a heart patient for heaven's sake, no chance of any compensation unless he has been harmed. What the hell do they think they've done so far? We're expected to just put up with apologies and the same thing happening within a short time of these apologies. Nobody seems to want to take responsibility and they certainly don't want to discuss anything so I contacted my MP. He's promised to write to the Chief Executive which has to be the biggest joke going. The Chief Executive has been made a Sir and he hasn't the vaguest idea what's going on under his own nose. He has no idea what his administration lot are doing and for that matter the admin lot haven't a clue what they are doing either.

• 1 month later...

Be prepared to wade trhough treacle i have had several serious complaints about nhs staff in the last two years, pals and the ombudsman are toothless organisation their only job is to protect nhs staff and basically in my opinion pretend that there is justice in the nhs, the quality of staff they employ is very low no private firm would take these pen pushers. But keep as much evidence as you can emails and recorded meetings ( you do not need to tell them you are recording the converation ) keep insisting on justice and do not take no for an answer. Use social media to get your message out

Shirli, thank you for your input. Still battling still seem to be getting brick walls but as for social media, I have no idea how to go about that. Now have a final response for what it's worth. They offered a small amount of refund for out of pocket expenses, loss of earnings etc but it nowhere near covers what this has cost. Added to that they sent an update of their action plan which was nothing short of a joke. They're saying everything has been completed which, after further problems, lost notes etc., is certainly not completed and I've told them that. They also wanted me to accept this compensation and sign a release from responsibility form. They're just having a laugh if they think for one minute that's going to happen. Meanwhile my son is at the moment fairly stable thank goodness but he is getting more fatigued which goes with the condition.

It took the trust over a month to even reply to the MP and even then whoever replied, and it wasn't the Chief Executive, didn't look at the case. Whoever replied asked for yet another permission form to be signed, that would be the third one. How many do they need for heaven's sake? Can nobody in this trust read? Does anybody have any idea what they are doing? I doesn't look like it.

The ombudsman is still involved, I think. Not too sure what's happening at the moment. It's an absolute nightmare and then we see people who've not contributed to anything in the UK getting better treatment than those who have serious conditions and contributed all their working lives. These so called managers should learn to manage, they should get their hands dirty, get off their backsides and actually find out what is going on right under their noses. They're getting paid mega bucks and have mega pension pots for doing diddly squat. Get rid of them. Employ people who actually know what they're doing, stop wasting money and treat patients as people not just a name on some list. Ridiculous.

Shirli, thank you for your input. Still battling still seem to be getting brick walls but as for social media, I have no idea how to go about that. Now have a final response for what it's worth. They offered a small amount of refund for out of pocket expenses, loss of earnings etc but it nowhere near covers what this has cost. Added to that they sent an update of their action plan which was nothing short of a joke. They're saying everything has been completed which, after further problems, lost notes etc., is certainly not completed and I've told them that. They also wanted me to accept this compensation and sign a release from responsibility form. They're just having a laugh if they think for one minute that's going to happen. Meanwhile my son is at the moment fairly stable thank goodness but he is getting more fatigued which goes with the condition.

It took the trust over a month to even reply to the MP and even then whoever replied, and it wasn't the Chief Executive, didn't look at the case. Whoever replied asked for yet another permission form to be signed, that would be the third one. How many do they need for heaven's sake? Can nobody in this trust read? Does anybody have any idea what they are doing? I doesn't look like it.

The ombudsman is still involved, I think. Not too sure what's happening at the moment. It's an absolute nightmare and then we see people who've not contributed to anything in the UK getting better treatment than those who have serious conditions and contributed all their working lives. These so called managers should learn to manage, they should get their hands dirty, get off their backsides and actually find out what is going on right under their noses. They're getting paid mega bucks and have mega pension pots for doing diddly squat. Get rid of them. Employ people who actually know what they're doing, stop wasting money and treat patients as people not just a name on some list. Ridiculous.

hi creepin60 what you must realise the nhs ombudsman and p.a.l.s although financed by the taxpayer do not answer to anyone. when I said " get your message out through social media " you are already doing it on this site just keep complaining on sites such as this also facebook, hospital and gp surgery websites although these organisations are akin to the ones in ex soviet Russia I believe they are not invincible public opinion if big enough can win, do not let them get away with it

do you wonder how these nhs surveys get good customer ratings, some of these survey's went only to immigrants these people who they their parents or grandparents have paid not a single penny into our system, of course they are delighted to receive free health care the like they could only dream of in their own country. you ask how do I know this well at first I thought I was imagining this, but I have properties I rent out to both british and European couples, when sorting out the mail I noticed all these survey forms where addressed to the non british even I never received one this is not a coincidence.

the nhs employs people paid with our money to find ways of covering their shortcomings.

hi speedfreak, yes they always suggest if you are not happy with the way your complaint has been handled to contact the ombudsman and other organisation very kindly sending you self help numbers

because they know they will never have to account for their actions they know most people give in when the going gets tough. WE GET THE SERVICES WE DERSERVE how many sir's and dames are paid astronomical salaries to oversee these useless quango's and organisation.

I am using the advocacy service which I have found sympathetic and helpful I doubt whether they actually have any clout. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON THAT

Be prepared to wade trhough treacle i have had several serious complaints about nhs staff in the last two years, pals and the ombudsman are toothless organisation their only job is to protect nhs staff and basically in my opinion pretend that there is justice in the nhs, the quality of staff they employ is very low no private firm would take these pen pushers. But keep as much evidence as you can emails and recorded meetings ( you do not need to tell them you are recording the converation ) keep insisting on justice and do not take no for an answer. Use social media to get your message out

shirli

i have found the same problems wading through treacle is an understatement I have experienced first hand the lies these staff tell to protect each other its crazy so I will be recording all consultations in future

• 4 weeks later...

My thoughts after spending 2 years going through the complaints procedure.

I could have saved myself two years of grief, I should have complained about the nurse whilst still at the surgery and called the police there and then instead of considering what had happened over the following month before complaining, at least it would not have given the nurse and practice manager time to cover their tracks but wasI too dazed and shocked after the incident to speak.

I advise a Zero tolerance, do not give them an inch.

Edited by citizenB
Removed "shouting"

Shirli, just read your post and I couldn't agree more with the zero tolerance. The NHS expects zero tolerance from aggressive patients so they should also expect zero tolerance from patients who have been unmercifully messed about and badly treated.

I now have some sort of final response but it hasn't answered one of the main questions asked as to what exactly did a doctor record, if anything, in July 2012. First I was told the doctor had left the trust and couldn't be contacted. Then at a meting I pointed out they had his GMC number so that was no excuse and was promised they would make contact. Apparently the spoke to this doctor when he was in the hospital but they still haven't told me what went on. Now I have yet another load of c**p telling me they'll contact him by the end of September.

I phoned some director of management 2 weeks ago, was promised a call back which quite obviously wasn't going to happen so I've called again repeatedly. I was cut off, messages haven't been acknowledged and I've been promised a call back tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath for that one.

All I've had so far is a rash of apologies, plenty of admissions of their errors, some complaints being 're-worded' by them to make it look like it was nothing serious, and some action plan, that hasn't been actioned, being classed as completed. I have found out though that the criteria for a hospital negligence claim has basically 5 elements.

Failing to take a patient's history into account - the patient's history was taken into account but sort of passed over

Failing to examine a patient properly or to note all their symptoms - all his symptoms were certainly not noted and they've admitted they've not fully recorded issues on the trust computers or in his notes

Failing to carry out the right investigations - they did one test which they lost but nothing else for 12 months until it became very urgent

Failing to interpret investigations properly - they couldn't, they lost the results of the only test they'd done for 14 months

Making administrative errors - I think 5 sides of A4 sheets of paper full of administrative errors answers that one

I contacted my MP who wrote to this lot. It took over a month for them to reply to him, that's how good they are.

To say they cover up for mistakes and lie is an understatement, even when they've shot themselves in the foot by putting admissions of errors in writing, they still try to deny, twist, cover up and lie. I record every phone call, have done for ages. When my son goes into hospital I take the camera and record the absolute shambles of this organisation on the ward. I record incidents which happen on a pretty regular basis at outpatient clinics. These twits have lost his notes a few times, that gets recorded as well.

For all this, some Chief Executive is paid £210,000 a year and is knighted for for being useless. He hasn't the vaguest idea what's going on. Just think what the NHS could do with all that money they're paying these twits to mess things up. Get rid of them, they're useless. Get rid of the other so called senior managers as well, they haven't a clue what they're doing. I wonder what they would do if these fiascos happened to them or their close relatives? Oh sorry, I forgot. They're creaming so much off the NHS for doing b***er all they can afford to go private. It doesn't affect them.

I'm not giving up, I'll get things sorted however long it takes and however much trouble I cause them. They may as well get used to the fact I'm not going away I don't care how many times they put the phone down on me or try and ignore me. I will succeed eventually whether they like it or not. Nobody deserves or should have to endure this level of incompetence from illiterate morons. They need to employ people who can read for a start, that would at least be a step in the right direction.

We continue.

Shirli, just read your post and I couldn't agree more with the zero tolerance. The NHS expects zero tolerance from aggressive patients so they should also expect zero tolerance from patients who have been unmercifully messed about and badly treated.

I now have some sort of final response but it hasn't answered one of the main questions asked as to what exactly did a doctor record, if anything, in July 2012. First I was told the doctor had left the trust and couldn't be contacted. Then at a meting I pointed out they had his GMC number so that was no excuse and was promised they would make contact. Apparently the spoke to this doctor when he was in the hospital but they still haven't told me what went on. Now I have yet another load of c**p telling me they'll contact him by the end of September.

I phoned some director of management 2 weeks ago, was promised a call back which quite obviously wasn't going to happen so I've called again repeatedly. I was cut off, messages haven't been acknowledged and I've been promised a call back tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath for that one.

All I've had so far is a rash of apologies, plenty of admissions of their errors, some complaints being 're-worded' by them to make it look like it was nothing serious, and some action plan, that hasn't been actioned, being classed as completed. I have found out though that the criteria for a hospital negligence claim has basically 5 elements.

Failing to take a patient's history into account - the patient's history was taken into account but sort of passed over

Failing to examine a patient properly or to note all their symptoms - all his symptoms were certainly not noted and they've admitted they've not fully recorded issues on the trust computers or in his notes

Failing to carry out the right investigations - they did one test which they lost but nothing else for 12 months until it became very urgent

Failing to interpret investigations properly - they couldn't, they lost the results of the only test they'd done for 14 months

Making administrative errors - I think 5 sides of A4 sheets of paper full of administrative errors answers that one

I contacted my MP who wrote to this lot. It took over a month for them to reply to him, that's how good they are.

To say they cover up for mistakes and lie is an understatement, even when they've shot themselves in the foot by putting admissions of errors in writing, they still try to deny, twist, cover up and lie. I record every phone call, have done for ages. When my son goes into hospital I take the camera and record the absolute shambles of this organisation on the ward. I record incidents which happen on a pretty regular basis at outpatient clinics. These twits have lost his notes a few times, that gets recorded as well.

For all this, some Chief Executive is paid £210,000 a year and is knighted for for being useless. He hasn't the vaguest idea what's going on. Just think what the NHS could do with all that money they're paying these twits to mess things up. Get rid of them, they're useless. Get rid of the other so called senior managers as well, they haven't a clue what they're doing. I wonder what they would do if these fiascos happened to them or their close relatives? Oh sorry, I forgot. They're creaming so much off the NHS for doing b***er all they can afford to go private. It doesn't affect them.

I'm not giving up, I'll get things sorted however long it takes and however much trouble I cause them. They may as well get used to the fact I'm not going away I don't care how many times they put the phone down on me or try and ignore me. I will succeed eventually whether they like it or not. Nobody deserves or should have to endure this level of incompetence from illiterate morons. They need to employ people who can read for a start, that would at least be a step in the right direction.

We continue.

GOOD MORNING creepin 60

people reading our thread will be thinking we are very angry and bitter people who have been let down by the n.h.s that is correct, firstly by doctors and nurses then with the complaints procedure and management structure .

two years later I am still spitting feathers and deeply traumatised to think that you can be assaulted by nhs staff at a gps surgery and they can just continue to work with other patients as if they are whiter than white, my gp's answer to me was that old chesnut " that nurse has been working at this clinic for more than 20 years " my answer " dr shipman was working for considerably longer than that ".

but if peope are too afraid to complain we will see more and more arrogant behaviour from all n.h.s employees.

GOOD MORNING creepin 60

people reading our thread will be thinking we are very angry and bitter people who have been let down by the n.h.s that is correct, firstly by doctors and nurses then with the complaints procedure and management structure .

two years later I am still spitting feathers and deeply traumatised to think that you can be assaulted by nhs staff at a gps surgery and they can just continue to work with other patients as if they are whiter than white, my gp's answer to me was that old chesnut " that nurse has been working at this clinic for more than 20 years " my answer " dr shipman was working for considerably longer than that ".

but if peope are too afraid to complain we will see more and more arrogant behaviour from all n.h.s employees.

It is hard for people like me who have a whole lifetime of superb support and treatment by both their GP and Hospital, to see your problem.

It is hard for people like me who have a whole lifetime of superb support and treatment by both their GP and Hospital, to see your problem.

I agree Conniff, all times ive been to hospital wether for myself or my kids the drs and nurses have been great, and the staff at my drs surgery are brilliant,

I understand some people can and do have problems and wish to complain about how they have been treated and they expect it to be dealt with quickly and efficiently but I for one have never had a need to complain.

GOOD AFTERNOON conniff

I too over the years had a superb support and treatment from my gp and doctors, sadly my experiences over the last few years has completely destroyed all respect and trust against all n.h.s staff.

the complaints procedure is structured and weighted to brick wall status.