Where is my Lifestyle Services Group [Barclays] insurance?

decade
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was going to check on my insurance with Lifestyle Services Group [set up through Barclays account].

Firstly when I went onto Lifestyle Services Group login website it didn't recognize my login credentials, then when I wanted recover password [in case I forgot] it didn't know my login [e-mail] at all!

Then when I attempted to recover account by providing bank sort code and account number - it claimed it never was set-up! [same account whole life]

When I called them they can see that I had my old phone insured trough Barclays but no sign of new phone insurance. Only that I have had cancelled old phone insurance. In fact I had not cancelled insurance - only updated with new phone. But - well - Lifestyle Services Group can not say it is true.

Called Barclays - they even say I couldn't have any free insurance on mobile handset because there was never any free insurance.

In fact there was.

I have set up this kind of insurance to my wife's phone and she have a written confirmation of the policy. She had policy for an old phone and recently [June 2013] on a new one - after updating phone details on the policy [she couldn't log in on the website neither].

When Barclay guy said I didn't have any policy - and there never was free, I got my wife on the phone, then I asked him about where hers policy is coming from and why this one was free? He didn't know - there was nothing on a system. Not information about policy nor there was any debit from account that would pay for some extended cover OR premium Barclays account

Help.

• 2 years later...

That was some timeago :)

I like seeing myself final solution in threads... so...

For 2 years I kept my phone in a drawer, but it was worth it. After dealing with Ombudsman [might be 8-24 months can't remember], I was asked to send my broken phone to someone. Then I was paid for the phone the amount it was worth at the time of attempted claim, also on top of that Bar.clays paid something like a 100-200 for making trouble.