BankFodder BankFodder

William64

Don't Use Cash4Phones issued court claim - I would rather have given my phone to charity

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2310 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As with nearly every other thread I have read I sent my iPhone 4S to Cash4Phones who had valued at £186.50

this was just a few pounds more than any other recycling site and was £60 more than the Apple Store offered.

It took around 2 weeks for Cash4Phones to respond

I was unable to contact them without entering the barcode that I had sent with the phone alarm bells started to ring.

When C4P did respond they had revised their offer down to £65.27 due to excessive wear and tear and the fact that the phone was locked to o2.

Whilst I rejected their offer their SagePay system to pay the £8.95 return fee didn't work.

I emailed through their website 6 times and never once received a response.

I had taken my iPhone into the Apple Store who had commented that the condition of the phone was good

as I had kept in a case with a screen protector and I had posted to C4P in it's original box so damage in transit couldn't have occurred.

I have subsequently completed a Money Claim Online (cost of £25) and again C4P haven't responded so

today have requested judgement.

I would guess that C4P have hundreds of CCJs against them already but can still continue to trade and will get away with not paying any money whatsoever.

I don't expect to ever see any money or my phone again and now wish I had donated this to charity rather than the robbers that Cash4Phones are profit.

Also strange that my Hotmail account reports the two email communications that I have received from C4P as unsafe and fails security.

If anyone has any ideas on any other steps I can take I would appreciate the advice,

I would like some recompense although unlikely so my main aim is to take action to have them closed down.

I'm afraid that your phone has probably been stolen.

Get your judgment.

Report it to the police and to trading standards in Haringey.

However, no one seems to be doing anything about it and it seems that these people are raking in many thousands of pounds from their victims.

One only has to google cash 4 phones and with the exception of the C4P website at the top of the search results nearly every other result is a consumer or review sites each containing thousands upon thousands of complaints, people really should do a tiny bit of research first. The lack of contact addresses and phone numbers should also sound warning bells.

One of the best places to start is Mobilevaluer.

It's a site run by MSE which will compare prices from a dozen or so companies.

The usual caveats still apply, if the company goes bust or there are problems, there's little consumer protection (as Cash4phone customers are finding out)

But there is a separate feedback forum for each company, so you can read about other's experiences before dealing with them