Me and the Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just posted my "repayment of charges" letter asking for the £472 they have taken.

I asked for 6 years of statements but for some reason sent me 16 years going right back to when i opened the account.

I'll let you all know what response I get.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved the following from the Halifax

Dear Mr & Mrs Crowther

Thank you for your letter, which was received at this office on 1st November 2006.

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with charges applied to your account.

We're keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. A Customer Relations Manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet, which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible, but to help us deal more efficiently with your enquiry, please quote ******** when writing or telephoning the number at the top of this letter.

Yours sincerely

Francesca Hartley Customer Relations Officer Customer Relations

Enc. Personal Customer Complaints - Here's what we'll do

They want to wait 4 weeks but i presume i still need to stick to the schedule set out in my repayment of charges letter.

Guest bluecloud

They can ask for as much time as they want. However, you have given them a timetable. As long as you stick to it then everything will be hunky-dory.

There is one concern i have which maybe someone could re-assure me on.

I had a repossession a few years ago with a shortfall of £12000.

The Halifax have agreed to accept £6000 in installments.

The last letter i had from the intermediaries has the statement below

This settlement relates only to your liability. Halifax reserves the right to pursue all other parties to the mortgage, including guarantors if applicable, for the remaining balance. This arrangement is strictly conditional upon payments being made when due. Failure to maintain the arrangement will result in the arrangement being withdrawn and the full outstanding loss, less any payments made, and not the agreed settlement, will become due.

There were no other parties involved, no guarantors.

So can I be confident that as long as I maintain payments for the remaining months they cannot pursue me for the rest of the shortfall.

Sneaky buggers, always ring up and ask for my wife and not me.

Now claiming that OFT rulings only apply to credit cards, asked them to put this in writing since i was at work and couldn't discuss at the time

I'll see shat turns up and post it.

Mortgage query above is as you suggested - it has no relevance to you.

As for the OFT statement, that is simply a standard answer. The OFT statement clearly stated that they see no reason why this issue could not cross-over to similar regimes, i.e. bank account overdraft charges.

Don't be put off by their drivel.

Continue with your plan and at your timescale, never theirs.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the support jonni2bad.

Got a bog standard offer letter today for what they call goodwill of £200.

Nothing in it different from what everyone else seems to get from the Halifax. That charges are in line with their TAC's, and if i have a problem with them to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and saying they have the right to close the account if i do not manage it correctly.

Rjection of settlement being posted tomorrow and they have until na week on thursday when MCOl will be completed. They have at least provided me with a prepaid first class envelope.

Lets see if we can get completed before christmas.

Anyone know what the normal timescale for responses from the courts once the claim is filed?

Halifax £472

Data request 06-09-06

Repayment of charges 26 10 06

Letter before action 09 11 06

Response to settlement 15 10 06

I filed my MCOL on 27 Oct and got a letter from the court on the 2nd to say it had been sent, and then a copy of the papers from the Halifax on the 6th, saying it was deemed served to the Halifax on the 4th Nov and they intend to defend. Not heard anything since though (and no money in my account yet. I'm hopeful it won't be too long now though!!

Springer :p

• 2 weeks later...

Well time for the MCOL.

Goes in tomorrow.

I've read all the FAQ's and lot's of cases so i shouldn't have missed anything.

Nerves playing up, lets see what happens.

Halifax £472

Data request 06-09-06

MCOL 24-11-06 (tomorrow)

Just got another charge of £39 for a bounced DD, the day after my MCOl went in.

Thought i'd ask the Halifax not to put the charge through but guess what the reply was.

NO CHANCE.

Customer services are saying that they are under instructions never to refund charges. Also still in denial about the OFT statement regarding charges and claim they are a bank and would never do anything illegal.

Looks like i have another letter and MCOl to do.

Halifax £472

Data request 06-09-06

MCOL 24-11-06

I've read many times about the odd charge days after filing. Many people have said they sent a prelim letter straight away and lo and behold the charge was refunded as a gesture blah blah...

For the price of a stamp - what the hell! They know your serious!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone any experience of their moneyclaim being suspended.

Logged onto HMCL and the status now says,

Suspended

Your claim has been suspended. This can be for a number of reasons. For example, if the claim form is returned by the Post Office not served, this will cause your claim to be suspended. Similarly, the Defendant can make an application to suspend any part of your claim.

You cannot take further action(s) when a claim has been suspended for example request judgments' and warrants.

Anyone any ideas. I've e-mailed them for more details.

I don't recall seeing this before - let us know what the reason is once you find out.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

They finally settled 0n 28/12/06.

Total payed back to me as two amounts was £589.

And i've got the fee fro the incorrect MCOl back from the courts as well.

Couldn't ask for a better result or a more helpful website, 5% on its way.

Halifax £472

Data request 06/09/06

Repayment of charges 26/10/06

Letter before action 09/11/06

Response to settlement 15/10/06

MCOL 24/11/06

MCOL re-issued 14/12/06

Claim Settled 28/12/06

CONGRATULATIONS

Don't forget the survey too....

Congratulations and well done, from a fellow Halifax claimer!!!! jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi,

just signed on to the website and read the various FAQs etc. Looks like this is the place to be. I am just starting out against Halifax after five years being with them I have lost nearly £9000 in charges! Yes, I kept all my statements and went through them three times because I couldn't believe the amounts involved. As an example last December I lost over £300 in charges in one month! Rather than visiting the bottom of the garden with a length of rope I have decided to fight back.

I have a feeling this is going to be an uphill slog. Would it be a good idea to open another account in view of the amount involved?:-?

Ramius

Not a good idea to tag on to someone else's thread, as your message may well get lost when their information is moved to the 'won' folder.

Start a new thread of your own, then those offering help can keep tracks of your progress.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.