MBNA/ARC Card DEbt - CCA Reconstituted - Wrong Details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, I submitted a CCA request to ARC Europe back in May 2012 and didn't hear back from them until now.

They have submitted reconstituted agreements, but the details are wrong (address on one document but not the other).

How do I best respond without giving them the opportunity to simply copy and paste the right address and resubmit?

Also, am I right in thinking the agreement should state the credit limit i was given at the time?

Because this is generic and contains nothing apart from my name, an address and an [x] for where my signature would be.

Any advice or pointers to other threads gratefully received.

Thank you

Is the address one which you recognise - or it completely unknown?

So in other words both addresses are connected to you in some way.

How would they have obtained either address?

what the debt all about please

tell us the history

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Credit Limits are usually advised after delivery of the credit card.

A running-account credit agreement, such as a credit card, must contain a term stating the credit limit OR the the way in which it is to be determined, for example, by reference to an agreement monthly amount. It's a prescribed term. See Schedule 6, para 3 of the Consumer Credit Agreements Regs :)

jjthejetplane: When did you take out the credit card?

Regards,

Seq.

Long story short

1) Tried to start a business and used card to fund it

2) Credit crunch hit, business went down the pan and i used the card to make the odd mortgage payment (I know..I know...)

3) Got divorced and moved out and have been struggling to get back into the job market (odd contract here and there, but nothing in a long while now)

4) Living off benefits and unable to clear any balance

5) Last payment made in Nov 2010, and received DCA letters from Frederikson, ARC, Arrow in August 2011,

6) CCA request in May 2012

7) Reconstiuted details sent through now

8) As mentioned, agreement has the old address, but T&C's has parents address, which ive never lived at and they didnt reside in at the time of the card being taken out.

what does your credit file say about it.

who was the original credit?

how much is the bal?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes the prescribed terms are the credit limit the repayment details and the interest rate on a credit card.

However just a statement saying that the credit limit will be supplied is enough to fill the requirements for the credit limit.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

The OP's situation is almost identical to mine except my balance was about half and I am not a homeowner.

MBNA sold mine to Varde in 2010. I CCA them and never received anything back until recently. The address on it was my parents which I have never lived at or had any post sent to. This agreement was sent to my partners old address which I have not stayed at in years. No signed agreement was included either, I had the card since about 2003.

I have been on the electoral roll since 2011 in my new address and have various debts but no longer get chased by anyone.

• dx100uk changed the title to MBNA/ARC Card DEbt - CCA Reconstituted - Wrong Details