EE mis-sold us the contract, what can we do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really appreciate your suggestions on how we can take it forward, many thanks.

We signed a 24 months contract with EE as a small business customer (we are also running a charity) a month ago. As we do international calls and travel a lot, we were suggested to get on the 24 months roaming contract. My colleague and I both spoke to the sales guy. We asked questions about making international calls and making calls while travelling (US, China, South Africa etc), we were promised the roaming contract's unlimited minutes covers it all (it actually covers more than 30 countries I believe). Then I asked him to confirm that there won't be extra cost to the minutes we use unless we call other countries not specified in their list, he confirmed that too. (he then sent me an email to confirm the terms), please see part of the email quoted below:

"As promised I have detailed below the offer we discussed

24 month contracts

4 lines

Unlimited UK calls to mobiles and landlines

Unlimited UK texts

4GB UK internet allowance per user

• the Unlimited minutes and texts can be used in the following countries:

Austria,Belgium,Bulgaria,Croatia,Cyprus,Czech Republic,Denmark,Estonia,Finland,France,Germany,Gibraltar,Greece,Guadaloupe,Guernsey,Hungary,Iceland,Isle of Man,Italy,Jersey,Latvia,Lithuania,Luxembourg,Malta,Netherlands,Norway,Poland,Portugal,Romania,Slovakia,Slovenia,Spain,Sweden,Switzerland,Reunion Isles,French Guiana,Monaco,Liechtenstein,San Marino,Azores,Canary Isles,Madeira,Martinique,Vatican

Armenia,Australia,China,Hong Kong,Israel,Macau,Macedonia,Martinique,Turkey and USA"

We started using the new phones, making international calls as we intended to. A few days ago, we got a £1,600 bill, I thought it should be around £160. I immediately called EE, the lady who answered the phone treated me like an idiot. She told me word by word very slowly many times that we could only use the unlimited minutes and texts when we are travelling outside the UK. If you make international phone calls, that's chargeable. She couldn't do anything else to help me...

We felt that we were mis-sold the contract, we were given misleading information and EE should correct that and honour the contract.

Grateful for your suggestions.

Best regards,

Michael

Hi and welcome to CAG

I think they have been very sneaky in their wording.

the Unlimited minutes and texts can be used in the following countries

They say 'in' but not 'to' from the UK. IF you were in the countries mentioned, I assume the minutes and texts would be fine.

They are my thoughts and I'm sure others will comment on the mis-sold bit

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I wonder if they have a recording of the conversation. If so, ask them to listen to it and not to delete or edit it.

As you have been fobbed off by this woman, you could always try the boss.

[email protected]

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE