Court Requisition but i am no longer living in UK

Ramah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Basically my car has been sitting in my parents driveway for months. I received a letter with a fine due to it being uninsured, I wasn't aware that it had to be insured if its parked and not in use. Anyway I paid the fine and sent off paperwork to SORN the vehicle. The fine was taken out of my account in early August and I assumed that was the end of the matter.

In September I moved abroad and I am not due to go back home until 2015.

My mother called me yesterday to say that there's a letter regarding a court requisition for 15/01/14.

I am unsure about what do to as I'm not living in the UK currently and the only proof I have of posting the document is the bank statement which shows fine was deducted from my account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ramah

Write to the court and explain exactly what has happened and enclose copies of any supporting documents. Ask the court for advice as to what to do.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply.

An update on this. I sent a letter to the court explaining everything but I heard nothing back.

My mum called the court today and a very helpful lady gave her the name and number of the man who represents the dvla in court. He's out of the office at the moment but I'm just wondering is this a good sign??

I'm going out of my mind with worry and being half the world away, I feel helpless.

I am not due back home for another year or so, can they force me to attend this court hearing?? It's a week today but I was hoping it will be sorted before then.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Ramah