style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ADVICE PLEASE.

I have today rcvd a "Civil Parking Charge Notice from Athena, showing a photo my vehicle entering and leaving a Lidl car park 17.32mins after the allotted 1 1/2 hrs free parking.

Does the fact that I was in a blue badge bay with badge displayed have any bearing on this charge or am I worrying unnecessarily?

Should I just ignore the request for payment?

Like previous writers very concerned about threats of court action for financial and health reasons.

blue badges mean nowt on private land

but neither does the issuing of a speculative invoice

up to you

if you follow the popla route or not.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ADVICE PLEASE.

I have today rcvd a "Civil Parking Charge Notice from Athena, showing a photo my vehicle entering and leaving a Lidl car park 17.32mins after the allotted 1 1/2 hrs free parking.

Does the fact that I was in a blue badge bay with badge displayed have any bearing on this charge or am I worrying unnecessarily?

Should I just ignore the request for payment?

Like previous writers very concerned about threats of court action for financial and health reasons.

Go to the store and complain to the manager about the situation and insist that they cancel the charge.Also write to Athena as the reg keeper,appealing the charge. Then come back here with there response.

As stated a blue badge does not give you any concessions on private land. However being disabled does they have to make adjustments for disabled people. If they allow 1.5 hours for an able bodied person then they would have to allow longer for somebody who is disabled.

Their system does not know you had a blue badge on display or that you were parked in a disabled bay as it simply records you entering and then leaving.

Try the store manager first, if as usual they don't do anything an appeal to Athena with a copy of your blue badge, if they are stupid enough to refuse your appeal blow them out of the water with an appeal to POPLA.

If store wont help you then a letter to head office and Athena headed Statutory Questionnaire along with a series of questions regarding their disabilities policies will get them moving. I will provide the correct legal wording to follow that if you need it. Better to go the soft route first as this approach will take a while to jump through all of the hoops and you shouldnt need it fi the store can sort things out without using the heavier methods.