Work and facebook?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Even if the company don't recognise a union, this doesn't stop you joining one so that you can get advice.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steer clear of Facebook to deal with your issues. Use the proper channels such as the grievance procedure.

Concentrate on telling us what you need help with so we can try and find a solution that will work without getting you into trouble.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi

So you mentioned that the bonuses were for meeting targets set by the company and the factory staff have been excluded (I assume for not meeting targets).

Now were any of the Managers graded m2 and above in charge of the factory staff to meet those targets?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi againStu007, yes the **** managers are graded M2 and so get the bonus. also the producttion managers get bonus too. office staff also cos the have different tgts to reach

Ok my point is are any of those we will just say Managers that got this bonus actually in charge of ensuring the factory staff meet the targets set by the company?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

yes stu. allow me to explain.

1. operators no bonus
  2. lead operators no bonus
  3. team leaders no bonus
  4. shift leader, *bonus*
  5. managers, *bonus*
  6. if u work in office an do fk all *bonus*
  7. me, genral dogs body who runs around like headless chicken, no bonus

*** off big time! me

Well, that's nice.

How about some facts instead of your opinion? Bonus is awarded for what? Contractual or discretionary? Without proper inforation we can't help, so if you could stop being angry long enough to tell us the whole story properly please..?

Edited by honeybee13
Quoting edited text.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi Bones76

I know you may feel angry and upset about this but you need to take that anger out of the equation as you may not get the advice you need to assist you.

As Emmzzi suggested could you give us some information to assist you:

1. What is the Bonus awarded for?

2. Is this Bonus part of your Employment Contract or?

3. Is this Bonus Discretionary?

I can only understand how you feel but to get anywhere with this anger needs to be put aside and you need to concentrate on whether the employer has actually done wrong i.e. Employment Law and the Companies own Policies and Procedure.

ok guys, no longer annoyed or ****ed. hatred put in bottle.

1. it is contratal as i understand that bonus is paid for hitting tgts, these tgts are UN-achevable in my opinion as the company will not spend money to fix the tools we are expected to run.

2. this is the real bummer, our contracts where changed 3 years ago from an end of year profit bonus to a quarterly tgt met bonus

Edited by Bones76

Hello again.

Thank you for the extra information and I'm pleased you had second thoughts about the FB page. When you have time, please have a read around this forum for facebook threads and you'll see the trouble it's caused other members here.

Are your colleagues as incensed as yourself and do you think they would be interested to be involved in trying to change things with you please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You need to discuss the issue of targets and machinery not working properly with your line manager/supervisor. It is not in managements best interests for people to fail to meet targets as it looks bad for them too.

Talk calmly and clearly about it. Tell them you really want to achieve targets and how it frustrates you that you can't due to the machinery. If your manager says they can't do anything about it, ask them to raise it with their manager.

Try and be positive and suggest solutions without dwelling on the negative.

You need to discuss the issue of targets and machinery not working properly with your line manager/supervisor. It is not in managements best interests for people to fail to meet targets as it looks bad for them too.

Talk calmly and clearly about it. Tell them you really want to achieve targets and how it frustrates you that you can't due to the machinery. If your manager says they can't do anything about it, ask them to raise it with their manager.

Try and be positive and suggest solutions without dwelling on the negative.

Ok, will take your advice and try to push with your idea of informing my team leader.

Trying to stay positive! thx!

Don't be put off if you don't get the response you want. The important thing is to make sure that you let them know you see there's a problem so they can address it. You need to give them the opportunity. If it doesn't get sorted then you can consider what your next step should be.

Unless it says you make 15 widgets and you did make 15 or above in your contract there is nothing you can do here other than collective bargaining

That means the workforce in unison not just one voice

If you decided to be the lone ranger or Spartacus on this issue with your managers you'll only be building your own gallows!

We don't have a union, when we asked "how many of the workforce need to be in a union" we where asked bk, "why do u need to know that?" can someone enlighten me? I was told many years ago that 40% of the work force had to be in one for any company to formally recognize it. Is that true? If not? what are the facts about joining one and the support we can expect?

respectfully,

bones76.

Even if your employers don't recognise a union, you can still get advice and support, and it's a lot cheaper than paying a solicitor!

Thx caro, but i really need some facts. as above could some one tell me what percentage of a workforce is required to be a member of a union for a company to recognize it. also would this have to include office staff and managers? also again, would this only have to be the factory floor staff? are there different unions for different types of staff members? Any facts u can give me would be of great help to me and my fellow workers.

p.s learning to control my anger and frustration guys :)

Hello again.

Here's a link to ACAS with a bit more information on unions and what it takes to be recognised by an employer. They have a helpline that you might like to talk to.

I have known companies that had different unions for different types/levels of worker, I don't know if this has changed at all.

I think you're in the private sector? Are you able to give us an idea what the company does please? That way we should be able to tell you which union deal with it.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4018

HB

Edited by honeybee13

Illegitimi non carborundum

There is no percentage because their is no obligation for a company to recognise a union at all.

Most do though as it gives the impression that the care a small amount about their staff.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D