Work and facebook?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to the fact that my company has decided to pay all the office staff a bonus and all the managers graded M2 and above, and not the workers in the factory i have created a facebook page for ppl to vent, what are the legal implications of this and can i be dis-missed for it?

plz contact me and i will be able to share the link on fb!

any advice is welcome, in the last 3 years the have taken so much from us workers and we have had enough. we don't know our rights enough to stand up for our self's . plz help!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest this is an extremely dangerous thing to do and if there is anyway you can be identified as the author of the page you are likely to be looking for another job very soon.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hello there.

I agree with RMW, we see loads of problems stemming from facebook.

You've posted on the benefits section though, I'll move this to the employment forum and leave you a redirect to follow from this forum to the new one.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

My company (5000+ employees) has a social media policy, tread carefully with this, you will have a "bringing the company into disrepute" clause in your T&C's somewhere.

AS

Idem/ACM and RBS Lombard Full refund of fees.

Blackhorse Car Loan Full refund of fees without argument.

Argos store card (Home Retail Group) are fighting back. see my posts.

could u add me on fb and take a look. i have chosen my words carefully, i think???

Hello again.

I've asked for guidance on this from the rest of the team, because we don't want anyone to get into trouble.

If you PM me a link to the FB page, I'll have a look, no promises at this stage. For now, please don't put any clues about how to find it on this thread.

HB

Hi

Please have a read of this ACAS link: http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3378

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You really need to also read your companies Social Networking Policy and I would advise refraining from posting anything further on your FB at present.

Do any of your work colleagues or friends know you setup this FB page?

Also have you actually put a grievance in with your company about this issue?

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

i should also point out that its a group and anly for the ppl i invite, created today and only psted posative things about where i work and also making HUGE references to the fact that it is not about where i work.

Have you actually put a grievance into your employer about this issue or has any of employees actually asked why factory workers not getting bonus?

Also does your company have any policies on bonuses?

i should also point out that its a group and anly for the ppl i invite, created today and only psted posative things about where i work and also making HUGE references to the fact that it is not about where i work.

Hello again. Your first post seems to be at odds with this. If people start venting, it could go very badly wrong.

Due to the fact that my company has decided to pay all the office staff a bonus and all the managers graded M2 and above, and not the workers in the factory i have created a facebook page for ppl to vent, what are the legal implications of this and can i be dis-missed for it?

plz contact me and i will be able to share the link on fb!

any advice is welcome, in the last 3 years the have taken so much from us workers and we have had enough. we don't know our rights enough to stand up for our self's . plz help!

Do you have a union at work? I don't recommend sharing the FB link at this stage.

HB

stu07, yes we have a grievance procedure, but even if we put one in what good will it do? they will turn around and tell us we didn't hit our tgt's again, they set them too high. plus all the managers get bonuses for keeping costs down, so spending money to fix machines hits into there bonus, we then have to run our machines making quick fixes where we can to try to hit our tgt's. if all the machines ran at 100% our tgt's would be achievable. but they wont spend money to fix them cos it comes out of there operating income and so we cant achieve our tgts. its loose loose for us all. any ideas?

So you haven't place a grievance with your employer but instead chose to setup a FB page for ppl to vent.

This could go very badly wrong and I assume some of those invited are employees of said company.

1. If so they could air/vent out on your FB page about employer.

2. How can you be sure the no one invited will not take a screenshot of that FB Page and it possibly getting into employers hands.

As has been suggested if you have a union I would approach them.

I cannot express the urgency you need to adopt and get that FB page deleted. Your managers will get wind of it, because somebody will tell them. For your own peace of mind and job security, I implore you to delete it

scotgal 

At the end of my tether, how can i make you ppl relies we need help, we are less than dirt, i truly mean it. Fb page gone. our voice gone. we have nothing, how do we stand up to these ppl without getting terminated? can you help or do i give up?

Do you have a union?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.