Carter/lowell court claim - Halifax Credit Card.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received court papers from Bryan Carter solicitors care of lowell who purchase a credit card debt from halifax

I have called them to discuss a full & final settlement but they will not budge other than dropping the court fees

I have gone through all my statements and calculated all my late fees etc. using a spreadsheet from of this site and have nearly £3k to claim back.

In 2009 I requested my cca from halifax and they sent me a reconstituted agreement which was basically 1/2 a dozen pages done in ms word but I assume this is enough to keep the judge happy

Can you tell me if the charges I have calculated are correct and how should I move forward with this? Should I defend it in court due to incorrect amount to get it reduced or go back to Bryan Carter with this figure to try and agree a F&F?

Please see attached forms

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I have received court papers from Bryan Carter solicitors care of lowell who purchase a credit card debt from halifax

I have called them to discuss a full & final settlement but they will not budge other than dropping the court fees

I have gone through all my statements and calculated all my late fees etc. using a spreadsheet from of this site and have nearly £3k to claim back.

In 2009 I requested my cca from halifax and they sent me a reconstituted agreement which was basically 1/2 a dozen pages done in ms word but I assume this is enough to keep the judge happy

Can you tell me if the charges I have calculated are correct and how should I move forward with this? Should I defend it in court due to incorrect amount to get it reduced or go back to Bryan Carter with this figure to try and agree a F&F?

Please see attached forms

Can anyone help with this please

Hi annoyedagain

I think the lack of responses or interest may be due to you not stating why the debt has come about...what's the dispute?

Pointless approaching BC to settle...pointless trying to mitigate with unfair charges...that's not a defence...leverage in mediation.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks for your reply

The debt has come about because i let it creep up then the recession hit and work dropped off.

I sent for my CCA hoping it might not be enforceable as all the talk in 2009 was that most old agreements were un-enforcable but it seems now that the judges are taking a dim view to that defence( please correct me if i'm wrong)

Could anyone advise me on whether my charges and interest calculations would be correct and how I should now go about dealing with the court papers

Andy

Can you offer me any advise on this please,

Can I reclaim my charges at this stage, if so how would I go about it?

You would have to raise your own claim using MCOL