Online company locked my 'unlocked' phone to a network! ** Resolved by Vodafone**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another update: Unbelievably, Vodafone have unlocked my phone! I'm not a customer of theirs and there was nothing in it for them other than to provide a quality experience, and they've done it. Massive thanks to Lee and the VF team for their help. I'm extremely grateful and impressed.

I would do a charge back on the 74-99.

That's the final thing to be resolved, now. Vodafone took less than 24 hours to unlock my phone, while OfficialiPhoneUnlock received my order (and payment) on 15th November and still haven't managed it. I phoned my bank today to dispute the payment as 'goods not received' and they will process the charge back within the next couple of working weeks.

I can see the company themselves disputing the charge back, as their website includes the following disclaimer:

"Timeframes are an average, sometimes there are delays (e.g. carriers upgrading their systems) which can cause delays of a few days or a week, everything is given here however. You will also be emailed whenever the status changes by our automated server. DELAYS ARE NOT CAUSED BY OURSELVES.

If your unlock is delayed, this will be a carrier-related problem. Do not shout at us! We will try our best to inform you of the reasons, and the approximate time when the network will be back up, but we will not be responsible for a problem which is out of our hands."

The initial timeframe given was up to 8 working days from the point of order (15th November), so they're well overdue. It's now over a month later and I've still not received the service. I've contacted them twice within this time. The first time, they said there was a 'server upgrade' and that they'll submit my order on 4th December. Then they said they were let down by a third party, so it'll be another 8 working days... I'm wondering if they can get away with disputing the dispute and blocking the charge back on the basis that it was out of their hands?

Lee at Vodaphone is what this site can achieve. If everyone worked as hard and as fair as the Vodaphone reps, we wouldn't have to help.

Well Done Lee.

Echoed here. Many thanks, Lee.

I've seen you help loads, and even where you can't help, you always seem polite, reasonable, and fair.

I'm glad you could help the OP.

Hi spurious,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm that we've been able to get things resolved for you.

Lee at Vodaphone is what this site can achieve. If everyone worked as hard and as fair as the Vodaphone reps, we wouldn't have to help.

Well Done Lee.

Echoed here. Many thanks, Lee.

I've seen you help loads, and even where you can't help, you always seem polite, reasonable, and fair.

I'm glad you could help the OP.

Thanks for the kind words guys, they're appreciated.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK