Rossendales Collect old littlewoods cat debt for Arrow Global

Steve196
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i received a letter a couple of week's ago from Rossendales Collect so

i contacted them through email asking what the debt was for

which i got a reply today with the date the debt was for which was May 15th 2004.

I know that would make it statue barred for sure.

on reading further down letter i got today it state's i made a payment in 2009 which i can't recall doing so.

i contacted them again asking if they can provide prove of where the payment was made.

The thing i am asking is did i do the right thing or not as not sure if they would lie in a letter with date on which payment was made or not?

And if there's any way i can find out my credit file for free as lack of money to pay anthing?

Noddle is free,

Wait and see what rossendales come back with and if its unsatisfactory the reply request

Payment date

How payment was made ie card,SO,Dd,cheque etc

From who payment was made

Amount paid

if payment was made over the phone ask for telephone no used

try and get as much info from them as possible.

this is just my advise others will be along shortly hopefully.

Tell them to prove the payment. Dcas are known for in enting payments to trick a person. When challenged theyll say it was an admin error.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ok thanks for the help i will wait for a reply on the stated date i was supposed to have paid something to see what they come back with and i will try noddle out and see if anything is on there at all

Ok so i just checked my credit report on noddle and ok my credit score isn't high but knew that and i can't find anything in connection with the debt Rossendales states i owe on and made a payment,now if i made a payment back ion 2009 would it show up on my credit file or not as can't see it at all?

That's what i thought as well and tried to find it on there but nothing at all from 2009 on there just one's from last year but most paid up in full as used to goto BH till a dis agreement..i will wait and see what response i get on me contacting them today and see if it was an error on their part trying to get me worried etc

oh how unsual

rossers and the debt that does not show

and the famous phantom payment!

what was the original debt all about

do you even know?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's for Littlewood's

which Arrow Global had got and

now it's been passed onto Rossendale Collect,

and they are the one's stating in letter i got today that i made a payment in 2009

but can't find it on my credit file on noddle,

also when i contacted them today i put an old phone number as asked for one

they can't call me at all time's of the day

only got letter to send to me instead and also no signature of mine on file either

oh dear usual crap them

an old cat debt

sprobably mostly made of PENALTY charges

sold to arrow Global

then passed to rossers to 'collect'

then they claim a phantom payment.

so you've already sent the SB letter

have you sent them a cca request

yet?

you could also demand a full copy of the payment details

by whom

by what method

from which bank account

bet they came back and say it was via a payment slip at a bank counter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I haven't sent them the SB as of yet but will once they get in touch about my quire about the payment as i asked for prove of said payment and where it was paid etc,i'm also seeing a debt adviser on friday and sure they will help with getting this sorted but if not i have done other's myself with success...also i didn't send them a letter about the payment that was supposed to have been made i sent them a email so waiting on a reply from that which will more than likely be a letter in the next week or so.

Hi

As DX has asked, have you ever done a CCA request?

It is not unknown for the creditor to put the £1 fee into the account of the debtor, resetting the SB clock. This can and has been challenged.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 months later...

Just thought i would say that this post can be closed now due to me writing to Rossendales to get proof of the payment i was supposed to have made and i haven't heard anything back and that was over two month's ago so my guess is they don't have any proof of stated payment in the letter i received from them