BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• 2 weeks ago a car went into the back of me when i was stationary.   All OK and despite a massive shunt into the back of us, only one visible neck injury.   I had only had the car for 1 week therefore the policy for 1 week..  I called my new insurer Hastings Insurance and asked them what the process was as it was not my fault.  They said you need to log it online.   I did that - the only method was by submitting a claim, Called and ask them if that was correct as I didn't want to make a claim, it was not my fault.  They said this was the way to go so I logged all the details online as instructed.   At the moment I have a hire car which was delivered the next day via Enterprise.   Hastings called and advised that CoPart would collect my Micra on Monday (Monday just gone).    I asked Hastings if at any point i wanted the car back I could do that they said that would be fine.  (My plan was to have the car assessed and 'buy it back; and get it repaired)  Received a text from Hastings saying my car was assessed and marked as Grade B, no longer road worthy, and no i cant buy it back. They have offered £675 for my Nissan Micra.   My Micra was extremely clean, 61K Miles, Full Service history had been in our family for years and taken good care of.   Hastings advised that out of that money unless I have a new car to go onto the policy they will have to deduct the £450 for the rest of the year outstanding on the policy meaning that from this I would end with about £275 and no car.   So to get a new car I will have to ask my parents to borrow some money to buy a new car to get it on to the policy (which Hastings have given me 2 weeks to do!)    I asked Hastings what was happening as this felt like I was claiming on my own policy but it was not my fault, they explained that the other driver had not admitted liability (although it was certain they would have to) and that until the claim was settled with a final cost they would not be able to claim these costs back from the other drivers insurance company.   Also can anyone recommend a good lawyer to help me with legal costs?   Sorry that this is a long post I just get the feeling that something is out of sorts here.        
    • I am just renewing my car insurance and would ask for advice please.  A roof tile fell on my bonnet during the high winds a few months ago and i contacted my insurer to see if it would be viable to make a claim and repair the minimal damage.  With what I was quoted, the garage said get a replacement bonnet, I decided not to proceed and no claim was made.  On trying to renew my insurance I was quoted a price that I accepted but the company has just come back to me to say they want another £60 as I had an undeclared claim they weren't aware of, this being bonnet damage that I did not claim against.  With me making no claim why should my premium be affected by this and do all insurers work this way?  Thank you for any advice that you may be able to offer.  Diane
    • One possible problem is the continuous insurance requirement - s.144A, Road Traffic Act 1988 - the vehicle will need to comply, or if it does not, it must be kept off the public road and SORN. Another is that for third party cover driving a different vehicle, some insurance companies require that vehicle is covered by insurance.
  • Our picks

Number6

Arrow Global Claim Form Capital One debt of £562.59

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2371 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all. It's been a while but I'm back again needing advice.

Last week I received a CCBC claim form issued by Arrow Global Guernsey relating to an alleged Capital One debt of £562.59. In the PoC it states that the debt was assigned to the claimant on 25/02/11.

I have sent the acknowledgement of service via money claim online and presumably have until 21st December to submit my defence.

It's been a long time since I've had to defend one of these claims and I've forgotten the procedure. Could someone please point me to a link explaining what I should now do? Or give me a brief rundown on here?

Many thanks.

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

hi ya

long time no see...

is this a running card or one not paid for a longtime?

there are stickys relating to rime lines etc here in the Financial legal forum stickys

where I've moved you too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi dx :-)

It has been a while, I had lots of personal issues to deal with, new job, new divorce, new wife, etc, etc... Things are back to what counts for normality in my life...

I actually have no idea about the card account, it's not one I recall but then there have been so many... ;-)

Thanks for moving the thread.

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6