• Tweets

• its not showing on credit report. I show what they send me in letter when reject my application.  I copy without my details below    Dear     Assessment of Application for Student Finance Academic Year 2020/21 We have considered your application and based on the information provided, you are not eligible to receive student finance because: • You have arrears on a previous Student Loan. The Regulations which govern how student finance is provided say that we cannot consider any student eligible to receive student finance if he or she is behind with repayments on an existing student loan. If you have a Mortgage Style (MS) loan, please call your debt owner on the telephone number shown on the most recent correspondence that you have received from them. If you don’t know who your debt owner is, please go to www.gov.uk/repaying-your-student-loan for more information. If you have any Income Contingent Repayment (ICR) loans, please call 0300 100 0611 for advice. If you require more information about student finance visit www.gov.uk/studentfinance Yours sincerely Student Finance England   This is what they replied when rejecting my application.  So even though the debt been sold to erudio they will keep rejecting any new application.  I have also Loan with SLC which is completely fine.
    • I've been reading up  on the RoA, and just to be clear, does that mean then in my case, that basically Yasmeen Couser must be in attendance tomorrow? I take it if someone else is speaking on VCS behalf, then Yasmeen at least needs to be in attendance?
    • https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Full-time-students-and-benefits/Can-full-time-students-get-Employment-and-Support#:~:text=Can full-time students get Employment and Support Allowance,income-related ESA. ... 3 Work Capability Assessment.   Appears it may be possible to claim income based ESA, if they have a PIP claim.   Cannot claim UC. 
    • Amend the value to what you wish to claim.  Your daughter can be listed as New name ( Nee xxxxxx). You need the letter of consent from her to add as you have stated within the order.   At 10 ….. Pursuant to Practice Direction 19 ( 2.1 ) 2. The proposed amended claim form and particulars of claim, and 3. Please see attached the signed written consent of Mrs xxxxxxx as proposed 2nd Claimant and consent of the Defendant in making this application.
    • convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2020-10-22_21-45-31.pdf
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Barclaycard sold on debt to IDR/Link - worried!!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2421 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Update,

got a response to my complaint from the executive office today.

They said they are within their rights to sell it on and the reason it has taken so long to reply

was that my original complaint was sent to IDR finance who never bothered to reply!!!

My complaint was nothing to do with them.

They have stated in the letter that they have not defaulted the account

but simply sold it on to a third party.

The did include a cheque for £125 for my inconvenience!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That response makes absolutely no sense to me?

So they feel that they are able to sell an account that isn't defaulted??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

please scan up the letter

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When reading this again it says they have not registered a default against me maybe this doesn't mean it hasn't defaulted but would they not have to send me notice of this if it had. The only time default has ever been mentioned was when the payment plan was set up the letter said if I did not keep to the agreed payments a default may be registered but nothing else until the letter saying it had been sold. It seems very strange

yea that's great

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'd await slick to pop in.

I dont like the idea of paying link anything meself.

has that sar landed yet?

dx

and they

Just talking the dog out for a walk (SWIM) and will review thread from the start later, before commenting.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Donnaam,

Their reply refers to s.249 of The Lending Code. To enable us to consider if their interpretation is correct re s.249, it would help if we knew what your Dr's letter said about your condition.

The have surely failed in the duty imposed by s.250, to pass on details of your condition to IDR/Link. BC say they would not do this without your permission, but they never sought this from you. Perhaps this is partly why they've paid you the compensation.

Come back about the Dr's letter if you're ok doing that.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

The doctors letter refers to ongoing anxiety since 2009 that is still being treated as both medication and therapy has not been successful so far. It was on the doctors advice that I contact creditors as he said without trying to move things that cause further anxieties I have a much reduced chance of recovery and my current situation was making my condition worse.

Hi Donnaam and thanks for the further info.

If BC were aware that you were on meds for anxiety and treatment was ongoing, I think you can argue that s.249 and s.250 of The Lending Code were highly relevant to your case.

Accordingly, BC should have given proper consideration to your a/c, they should NOT have sold it and, if they did, they should certainly have passed relevant info about your condition onto the new debt owner.

How would you like to move this on ................

Hi Donnaam and thanks for the further info.

If BC were aware that you were on meds for anxiety and treatment was ongoing, I think you can argue that s.249 and s.250 of The Lending Code were highly relevant to your case

Accordingly, BC should have given proper consideration to your a/c, they should NOT have sold it and, if they did, they should certainly have passed relevant info about your condition onto the new debt owner.

How would you like to move this on ................

I have no idea what to do now as they have said this is their final response. I don't know what I can do :(

There are a few options :-

1. Don't waste your time arguing with them. Be happy with the compensation they paid and continue to service the debt at the agreed rate, if you can still afford it.

2. Complain to The FOS that BC should never have sold the a/c and, even if they did so, they should have told the DCA about your problems. The FOS are very likely to say the compensation you received was reasonable and they're unlikely to do much to help you.

3. Pursue the complaint with BC arguing that s.249 does apply and the debt should be recalled by BC from the DCA. You can also suggest that they should consider writing off the debt in accordance with The Lending Code s.249 and that they had a duty to treat you fairly under the COBs Regs.

There are a few options :-

1. Don't waste your time arguing with them. Be happy with the compensation they paid and continue to service the debt at the agreed rate, if you can still afford it.

2. Complain to The FOS that BC should never have sold the a/c and, even if they did so, they should have told the DCA about your problems. The FOS are very likely to say the compensation you received was reasonable and they're unlikely to do much to help you.

3. Pursue the complaint with BC arguing that s.249 does apply and the debt should be recalled by BC from the DCA. You can also suggest that they should consider writing off the debt in accordance with The Lending Code s.249 and that they had a duty to treat you fairly under the COBs Regs.

The compensation was for ignoring my complaint for over 8 weeks. I also really confused that they have said they have not registered a default against me and I have never received a default notice. Infact they said if only if I missed the reduced payments would they consider default.

I think I will right to them again as I think these have befn breached. I am paying link each month but they have only agreed to continue this payment plan for 6 months when it will be reviewed by them , I am scared that they will refuse it after this.

It should not matter whether BC or Link?IDR handle the a/c - when the 6 months is up, a review should be made of your I&E and you would offer to pay the amount affordable from that.

I think a further approach to BC is the best option. Complain that they have NOT complied with the requirements of s.249 and/or s.250 of The Lending Code. Accordingly, you ask that they recall the a/c from Link/IDR and give serious consideration to writing off the debt, given your ongoing illness and inability to pay.

Also say you know that the last letter was said to be their final response but you feel they have not addressed your concerns properly. And if they fail to answer fully, you will make a formal complaint to The FOS about BC's failure to comply with the obligations imposed by The Lending Code.

It should not matter whether BC or Link?IDR handle the a/c - when the 6 months is up, a review should be made of your I&E and you would offer to pay the amount affordable from that.

I think a further approach to BC is the best option. Complain that they have NOT complied with the requirements of s.249 and/or s.250 of The Lending Code. Accordingly, you ask that they recall the a/c from Link/IDR and give serious consideration to writing off the debt, given your ongoing illness and inability to pay.

Also say you know that the last letter was said to be their final response but you feel they have not addressed your concerns properly. And if they fail to answer fully, you will make a formal complaint to The FOS about BC's failure to comply with the obligations imposed by The Lending Code.

Thank you so much, I will draft a letter tonight and let you know how I get on x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Quick update.

I sent a letter saying what you advised and I have received a letter back today saying:

We accept your health issues should have been considered in more detail,

because of this we are also reviewing our debt sale procedures.

Your account is being recalled from IDR/LINK and it will not be sold to a third party in the future.

I have referred your case to the manager of the collections department for further review.

Please continue to pay us the agreed amount as before

Does this mean the will just continue to accept the reduced amount without further action??

I cant thank you enough for your help with this and I will keep you updated to how things go

Hi Donnaam,

I'm delighted they have reviewed this properly for you.

I have referred your case to the manager of the collections department for further review.

Please continue to pay us the agreed amount as before

Their letter is ambiguous and I would write to them again saying:-

Thank you for your letter and I am pleased that you are now reviewing procedures.

I will continue to pay the agreed amounts as requested but I trust your Collections Dep't Manager will give very serious consideration to this debt being written off. This has caused me too much stress already.

I look forward to your reply once my case has been reviewed by the Collections Dep't.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Donnaam,

I'm delighted they have reviewed this properly for you.

Their letter is ambiguous and I would write to them again saying:-

Thank you for your letter and I am pleased that you are now reviewing procedures.

I will continue to pay the agreed amounts as requested but I trust your Collections Dep't Manager will give very serious consideration to this debt being written off. This has caused me too much stress already.

I look forward to your reply once my case has been reviewed by the Collections Dep't.

Things are getting even more confusing.

I have received another letter today saying they have noticed there was ppi on another old egg account they have.

They wanted to confirm they still have this account and they have reviewed my ppi complaint

and although FOS did not uphold my complaint with egg

they have decided to uphold it and an offer will be made when they recieve a signed acceptance.

Why would they do this if FOS rejected it?

Are they just trying to get money off this other account?

Can they just keep this ?

I would expect that FOS did not have enough data or information was with held.

The PPI refund comes back you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would expect that FOS did not have enough data or information was with held.

The PPI refund comes back you.

Even if this account is in arrears and I have a payment plan? I wasn't sure as the ppi was taken by egg when they still had the card. My original complaint went to egg and then FOS but FOS had it for 2 years and it had been taken over by barclaycard in that time.

thread title says its sold to link

so any refund goes to you

dx

and they