• Tweets

• I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
    • LPA.  (I'm fighting insolvency due to all the stuff that he and lender have done).  He appointed estate agents - (changed several times). Disclosure shows he was originally appointed for a specific reason (3m after repo) : using his powers as acting for leaseholder to serve notice on freeholders (to grab fh).  There was interest from 3 potential buyers. He chose one whose offer depended on a positive result of the notice.  Disc also shows he'd taken counsel advice - which was 'he'd fail'.  He'd simultaneously asked to resign as his job (of serving notice) was done and he'd found a buyer.  Lender asked him to stay on to assign notice to the buyer.  Notice failed, buyer didn't buy.  So receiver stayed.  There was 1 buyer who wanted to proceed w/o fh but receiver/ lender wasted 1y trying to get rid of them!  Disc shows why. But I didn't know why at the time. In later months Lender voiced getting rid of receiver. Various reasons - including cost.  But there's a contradiction/ irony: as I've seen an email (of 4y ago) which shows the receiver telling lender not to incur significant costs and to minimize receiver costs.    Yet lender then asked him to serve another notice - again counsel advice indicated 'he'd fail'.  And he did fail.  But wasted 3y trying and incurred huge legal costs - lender trying to pass on to me. Lender interfered - said wanted to do works.  Receiver should have said no.  But disc. shows he agreed to step aside to let them do the works - on proviso lender would discuss potential costs first (they didn't), works wouldn't take long (took 15m), and lender would hold interest (they didn't) (this last point is crucial for me now - as I need to know if I can argue that all interest beyond this point shouldnt be allowed?)   I need to check receiver witness statement in litigation with freeholders to see exactly what he said about 'his position'. But I remember it being along the lines of - 'if the works increased the value of the property he didn't have a problem'.  Lender/ receiver real problems started at this point. The cost of works and 4y passage of time has meant there is no real increase in value. Lender (or receiver) didn't get any permissions (statutory or fh) (and didn't tell me) and just bulldozed the property to an empty shell.  The freeholders served notice on me as leaseholder for breach of covenants (strict no alterations).  The Lender stepped in (acting for me) to issue notice for relief of forfeiture - not the receiver.  That wasted 2y of litigation (3y if inc the works) and incurred huge costs (both sides).  Lender's aim was to do the works that every potential buyer balked at due to the lease restrictions.  Lender and receiver knew couldn't do works w/o fh permission. Lender did them anyway; receiver allowed.  Receiver remained appointed.  I'm arguing lender interfered in receiver duties.  Receiver should have just sold property 4-5y ago w/o allowing any works.  Almost 3y since works finished the property remains unsold (>5y from repo). The property looks brand new - but it was great before.  The lender spent a ton of money - hoping that would facilitate a quick sale.  But the money they spent and the years they have wasted has meant they had to increase sale price.  It's now completely overpriced.  And - of course - the same issues that put buyers off (before works) still exist.   The receiver has tried for 2y to assert the works increased value. But he is relying on agents estimates - which have proved highly speculative. (Usual trick of an agent to give a high value to get the business - and then tell seller to reduce when no-one buys.). And of course lender continues to accrue interest (despite 4y ago receiver saying pause interest). Lender tried to persuade receiver to use specific agent. Disc shows this agent was best friends with the lender's main investor in the property.  Before works this agent had valued it low.  After works this agent suggested a value 70% higher!  The lender persuaded receiver to sack one agent and instead use this agent.  No offers. (Price way too high).   Research has uncovered that this main investor has since died.  I guess his investment is part of probate? And his family want it back?    Disc shows the sacked agent had actually received a high offer 1y ago.  Receiver rejected it.  (thus I don't know if the buyer would have ever proceeded). He was relying on the high speculative valuation the agents had given him to pitch for the business. The agents were in a catch-22.  The receiver sacked them. Disc shows there has been 0 interest ever since (inc via new agent requested by lender). I don't think lender or receiver want all this to come out in public domain via a trial.  It will ruin their reputations. If I can't get an order for sale with lender - can I apply separately against receiver?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

impending reposession Blemain..

marvin1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Marvin,

List the charges on this spreadsheet - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=34009&d=1330899219

Just enter the date, brief narrative and amount for each charge.

Let us know the approx total, and confirm how that compares with the amount claimed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right, i have read a few times and understand the letter, i have just one query, can i include the insurance charges as unfair penalty charges or do i need to list them as a separate item and give reasons as to why i dont think we should have been liable for the charges. although we didnt actually send copies of 'our' buildings insurance we did write and tell them that we had cover and also informed them by phone. soon as i get an answer i will finish it off and post by recorded Monday morning.

Marvin

Hi Marvin,

Has the question of insurance been discussed earlier in this thread - if so, please confirm where so I can look back.

If this is a new topic, can you briefly confirm on what basis you contend the insurance is inappropriate, unfair, etc.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Marvin

Blemains insurance charge is a penalty charge the same as all the other charges added to peoples accounts.

I will explain (in basic terms) what makes a charge a penalty and what makes a charge unfair

1 for a charge to be a penalty = it is something that you have to pay when you breach one of the terms of the agreement.

So term xxxx says you have to insure your property and put blemains name on the policy, you didn’t (no big deal) so blemain charge you, step one of becoming a penalty.

2 Rules and regulations allow lenders to make a charge when someone breaks a term of an agreement (I think this is fair) what is not allowed is for lenders to make profits from these charges, and they make huge profits from adding insurance . Step two this is now a penalty charge.

Basically it’s a penalty because it happens when you broke one of the terms of the agreement and then they charged you much more than it cost them.

There is also another reason that makes the insurance term in blemains agreements unfair.

If I may explain what would happen if you add blemains name to your insurance policy

Not putting blemain on insurance policy scenario

You insure your house for its rebuild cost so that in the unlucky circumstance that it burns down your insurance will cover the cost of rebuilding it and this is what will happen if you don’t put blemains name onyour insurance policy, after the rebuild blemain will still have a charge over your house and things go on as if the fire never happened.

If you put blemain on your insurance policy scenario

You insure your house for its rebuild cost so that in the unlucky circumstance that it burns down your insurance will cover the cost of rebuilding it, but you also put blemain on the policy, now the terms in blemains agreements state that should you make a claim on your insurance then blemain get paid all what is owed before anyone or anything else, so if you claim on your insurance blemain get paid first leaving you without enough money to rebuild your house, so now your homeless as you don’t have enough money to rebuild your house.

wp3

Marvin you only have about 15 minutes max in court, and you just have to show you have a reasonable defence as to why you don’t owe blemain what they say you owe them.

The judge will set this down for a trial (give you another date)he will also give directions on what has to be done before this date and you canask him to direct that blemain prove what is owed.

So when in court tell the judge that you are putting the claimant to strict proof as to what they are claiming and ask him/her to order blemainn to supply this information and then allow you to put in a defence.

In your defence you will have two things that will make blemain have to prove that all costs they added to your account are fair, (putting them to strict proof and the CCA s140 ) im sure the £35 phone calls really cost them £35 to make.

wp3

Anyone reading this that has a regulated loan with blemain then may I suggest you read the terms and conditions of your agreements, there are more unfair terms than there are fair terms in your agreement, what these terms allow blemain to do to you is shocking, you real did sell your soul to the devil when you signed this agreement. ( I signed one I’m ashamed to say ) but there is a cure you just need to challenge them and stop being a victim, It will make you feel a whole lot better.

wp3

well i feel a lot lot better already with all your invaluable help, i am now preparing the letter to send to the court, i will actually take it down personally and also send a copy recorded to blemain.

one interesting point, i received a letter from blemain yesterday which is a 'terms and conditions revised tariff charges'. on the reverse of the letter there is a list of all their charges, including charges for arrears. funny thing is there is only one charge listed for arrears...an account management charge of £50 per month while the account is in arrears. no other charges or fees if someone is behind with payments.

Marvin

Hi all, i would like to get in contact with either welshperson3 or site team member with a question that i dont really want to put up on here..could a team member please let me know how i can do this.

Also, had a letter from blemains solicitors this week saying they have asked for the hearing to be adjourned AGAIN...after iv'e booked a day off work.

Hi Marvin,

Send to me by PM

Hi Marvin

You need to consider carefully what to do now, in my opinion this is what blemain are going to do now.

1 they are going to ask the court for an adjournment.

2 in a few weeks/months they will withdraw the case.

3 a few weeks/months after withdrawing from court they will start phoning you sending you letters saying you owe them money.

4 they will still have a charge over your house so if youever sell it they will get whatever they say you owe them, and it will be tens of thousands of pounds more than it is now.

5 how do I know this? this is exactly what is happening now with someone on another consumer help site. (nearly 2 years after blemain dropped a court case)

This has to be your choice but if I was in your position I wouldn’t allow them to just drop this case without them agreeing what if anything is owed, and get them to remove the charge they have over your house.

Phone the court and send a letter saying you require this case to continue and that you will be asking the judge to make the claimant prove what they are claiming, and if they are not willing to prove their claim then you will be asking the judge to order that the claimant remove their charge over your property.

If you don’t continue to end this now then you are going to have years of harassment from them.

can the site team activate his PM, there are something's that need to be kept away from blemain until after the court hearing, im fully aware that the site team are able to read PM and I have no issues if they keep an eye on the PMs sent.

Wp3

I'm awaiting a PM from Marvin.

If he can't send it, (s)he can say so here and we'll make arrangements as necessary.

can the site team activate his PM, there are something's that need to be kept away from blemain until after the court hearing, im fully aware that the site team are able to read PM and I have no issues if they keep an eye on the PMs sent.

Hello there.

Just to clarify, site team cannot read users' PMs on CAG. The only time we would know the contents is if one of us was acting as intermediary, as Slick has offered to.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

PM rec'd and replied to.

Personally, I can see no reason to discuss this off-thread as there's nothing you have mentioned that cannot be usefully discussed openly.

I don't see this will be harmful to your case. In fact, just the opposite as you'll benefit from the views of all who have contributed to your thread so far.

PM me again if you disagree.

thanks for that slick132,

i have written to the court basically stating what welshperson quoted. should i also let the solicitors know what i intend doing before the next due date ? i still have had nothing from blemain even though the solicitors told the court that we are trying to come to terms over the matter

thanks for that slick132,

i have written to the court basically stating what welshperson quoted. should i also let the solicitors know what i intend doing before the next due date ? i still have had nothing from blemain even though the solicitors told the court that we are trying to come to terms over the matter

#

Its really important for you to remember not to believe anything Blemain tell you. Double check everything..

Is your agreement regulated or unregulated

I think you should write to the sol'rs saying :-

I refer to your letter of xxdate which stated that you were seeking an adjournment.

You said "the claimant and defendent are endeavoring to come to terms in the matter", but there has been no such approach made to me.

I will inform the court of this situation and, if you are willing to negotiate to end this matter, I suggest you contact me in writing urgently.

I think you should write to the sol'rs saying :-

I refer to your letter of xxdate which stated that you were seeking an adjournment.

You said "the claimant and defendent are endeavoring to come to terms in the matter", but there has been no such approach made to me.

I will inform the court of this situation and, if you are willing to negotiate to end this matter, I suggest you contact me in writing urgently.

done, i will await a reply...if i'm lucky

well, just got today's mail, a letter from a different solicitors. cantor law which interestingly has the same address as blemain. anyone had any dealings or heard of how they act ? will send the same letter to them now.

Cantor law and blemain one and the same (nearly)

Cantor law are blemains in house (pet) legal team, cantor law work with blemain and operate out of the same premises, they also share a phone line, when blemain moved premises last year so did cantor law. I would advise you to treat anything this company dose or says to you with the same respect as if blemain had personally sent it.

Personally I believe they have changed to in house solicitors to save on costs, I think they no longer want to go to court, and are now going to use cantor to hound and harass you into paying them something.

In my personal experience blemain and cantor law were responsible for changing my view on how low people are willing to stoop just doing their job.

If I may explain, the owners of blemain are making 10s of millions of pounds a year, so that is why they do what they do, not acceptable but I understand why the do it.

The people who work for these companies, and some are only earning£15k a year are willing to do the things they do for £300 a week. Where have their self-worth and morals gone.

Rant over (but I dofeel better)

Wp3

Hi Marvin,

What do Cantor say in their letter to you.

slick132, nothing in the letter, apart from a couple of lines saying that there has been a change in solicitors which has been filed in the courts. there is also just a copy of the change form that had been sent to courts.

welshperson3, well i have sent the letter you suggested to them asking them to get in touch with me regarding 'coming to terms with the situation' that the old solicitors had suggested. i will wait to see what reply i get, i have a new court hearing date of 12th March.

Marvin

Marvin, another Blemain victim known as Jumper kept getting an increase in her account, every time Blemain changed solicitors they charged her, as if it was her fault. The good news is that the judge threw these charges out. Watch out they dont add an admin charge to your account for changing solicitors