style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. I'm not sure if there are any regulations regarding this but.......

I applied for a job with my present company within the application deadline (22nd November2013) I was told afterwards that this vacancy may have to be put on the 'back burner' for the time being. Out of the blue yesterday, 6th Dec, at 2pm my line manager informed me (in public) that I had been short listed for interview next Thursday along with two other internal applicants and 3 external applicants. I then received an email alert this morning showing that this vacancy had been re-advertised at 9am yesterday (6th Dec) with an application deadline of .... Yesterday 6th Dec.

Just wondered if anyone could tell me please if this is correct procedure?

Many thanks.

what do you mean by "correct"?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Is is correct procedure. Are there any governing laws etc. it seems as though there is someone interested in the job that missed the original application deadline so it was readvertised for one day to give them a chance of submitting their application.

No, this isn't illegal. It's only illegal not to give someone a job due to gender, race, religion etc - no laws about deadlines or where things are advertised. You don't even have to advertise if you don't want.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

tactless of your line manager to advertise your interest in the post but people would have heard about it soon enough. If you think that it is being advertised just to get people to make up the numbers listen very carefully to the questions asked and see if your answers elicit a follow up question or whether the subject is changed and your answer appears to have been prjudged. Wont make any difference to the outcome but you will get a feeling as to whether you are in the running or not.