V12 finance/TBI financial unknown CCJ to settle with urgency

red11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

need some guidance here, I'm looking to settle a silly CCJ with a value of 235 pounds. it from 2009. It was posted against me via the Northampton court.

I have no paper work relating to this, well maybe I had back then but I don't have it any longer. I don't remember when was this posted or by whom.

I really want to turn this around quickly, also how does it work do I pay the court? and what if the company that filed the CCJ is no longer in business, after all we are talking about 235 pounds, I thought that CCJ would be issued by debts over 350 pounds.

cheers Red

Hi

A CCJ can be awarded on any amount and will stay on your file for a period of six years given that it was not apparently paid off with 28 days.

If you were aware of the court action then you will probably find it very difficult to have this set aside due to the passage of time.

You say you might have had paperwork. Did you or didn't you? If you did have court papers why did you not act on them?

Is the company that brought the action still around or not?

When you say you want to "turn this around quickly" what do you mean?

I think more details are needed on this to be honest.

Hi ims,

i don't think i received any paper work from the court it self but i could be wrong as it was around the time that my father passed away and i was in two location, why not act on them? i had other pressing matters to deal with. I have a vague idea about what it could be related to, but I'm 100% sure as to what the company was or if its still around. turn around quickly = paid in full, and satisfied

assuming that the plaintiff is still in business, and i want to get this paid, how does it take place? and what if anything in terms of evidence i should ask from them as proof that this is indeed settled?

Hi

Can you name the company and tell us what your vague recollection as to who it might be is?

The one thing that we should never do is not act on the receipt of court papers. I can understand your position with your father and I apologise if what I say seems a bit "straight to the point", it is not intended to come across that way.

Shall we try and find out of this company is in business? if so, who is it please?

Have they pressed for payment or not?

This was 4 years ago after all...why have they not chased it I wonder?

Do you need this to be shown as satisfied for something like a mortgage for example?

Sorry, but the full story is needed I think and then we can start to really look at it if there is any way through this.

Hi ims,

no need for an apology, i prefer straight talking

If recollection is right it was V12 finance over a laptop that i bought.

I don't think that they pressed for payment - all i can see is the CCJ on my credit file, dated 21/07/2009

I'm not sure why they have not chased the debt to be fair I've been at the same address for the past 6 years, one would think that they would

yes i do need to get this satisfied for a mortgage

Even if you pay the Judgment debt, the record will still stay for the full 6 years. :(

After 6 years, the company will have a hard time enforcing the judgment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB,

i hear you, but i just want to get this forgive the expression "monkey" off my back these guys have not chased and as mentioned this related back to 2009 even if it will be there till july 2015, i feel that having it satisfied is a help.

Well we have to be honest here.

If you have a CCJ on your file then you will find it very difficult to get a mortgage approved as a result. Even though it is a relatively small amount the fact that it is on your credit file either satisfied or unsatisfied will not make a huge difference.

If judgement was in 2009 then you still have some two years before it drops off your file. Getting a Set Aside after all this time will also be likely to be problematic.

As I see it (and others may differ in their opinion) you have two choices....

1 -> Write to them and try to resolve it by paying them and getting the certificate of satisfaction and have your file updated to that effect.

2-> Do nothing and let sleeping dogs lie.

Either way, I am not sure that your mortgage application will be looked on more favourably whichever way you go.

Hi ims,

thanks for the reply, i agree with your view it might not help but want to get it sorted.

but what i would like to do is to shorten the time length rather than write

what are your thoughts around me confirming with the courts that it is V12 finance and just get on the phone and pay it?

also what can i ask in term of immediate evidence that this has been paid while the slow red tape finally catches up

and i receive the certificate from the court.

surely there must be a faster way of settling a small-ish bill and just have the evidence that it was paid,

while the certificate is on his way,

but what I'm concerned about how valid is it as evidence if i pay via the phone a

nd get say and email that payment was made and debt settled

Hi

Ok so it may not help but....

If you want it sorted then as I understand things it is the claimant you will need to pay.

You can either phone them and if possible record the call or at the very least make notes and get them to e-mail verification of the call to you.

When you pay them in full, make sure that you tell them that you want written confirmation that the amount is paid in full and the reason you want this is that you will be going to the court to get a certificate of satisfaction.

When you go to the court you will be asked for evidence that the debt has been paid by the claimant. They will examine the document you give them and if all is in order they will print off the certificate. Your file will then be updated to show that the CCJ has been satisfied.

Please be aware that this will not likely have a major impact on your application for a mortgage.

We might talk about unlawful charges on the account itself but even if we do I fear that it will not make much difference t this late stage.

surely there must be a faster way of settling a small-ish bill and just have the evidence that it was paid, while the certificate is on his way, but what I'm concerned about how valid is it as evidence if i pay via the phone and get say and email that payment was made and debt settled

Posts have crossed....see my reply above :-)

Hi ims,

thanks for the feedback,

all i want is to pay the 235,

get some sort of a record from them admitting that its now settled,

perhaps i can ask for an email receipt where they reference the court case ID.

see what I'm after is something that i can present as immediate evidence

and then calmly i will got to the court in writing providing the information i have and let them send over the certificate.

hmm,

ok so your view would be to confirm that its v12 the plaintiff a

nd the write a letter sent via recorded delivery

or fed-ex with say a postal order?

or a cheque and ask for confirmation that debt is settled?

hmm, ok so you view would be to confirm that its v12 the plaintiff and the write a letter sent via recorded delivery or fed-ex with say a postal order? or a cheque and ask for confirmation that debt is settled?

If you really want to speed it up can you not do it by online banking?

Give them a call and ask...see link above.

Ask them to e-mail confirmation of payment which contains their ID such as logo, contact details etc.

That should suffice.

You could also call the court and ask them to tell you specifically what they need to be able to issue the certificate of satisfaction and then engage with V12 to ensure that is what you get.

I've checked but they you have to have an account with them and I don't,

but I presume that I exist under their database as a client of some sort.

i'll give v12 a call tomorrow as they are open on weekends

and if I get no traction i'll call the court on Monday and see what I can get from them.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Red

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

god sri the internet has been rubbish this last few days in the far north.

that was not all I thought I posted...

what is meant to say is this to do with getting out of the above mess

that would be great thing to do.

ah TBI, dodgy bunch.

if they get a debt there usually something wrong with it.

so the debt been sold to the with a ccj attached.....

urm..

there might be a reasonable chance here to offer them an F&F or the full amount

on the proviso that all evidence of the CCJ is removed from your cra file.

its been done before .

however they are a dodgy bunch.

they'll be NO remit to allow them to add anything to the judgement but watchout

they pull all kinds of stunts.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dx,

yes untangling myself from that whole mess of future mortgage/engage credit,

and I have a chance to do so via my bank who have advised in principal

that if I settle this CCJ then this would help them to reach a positive decision,

I made a fuss since I've been with the current bank for 15 years plus,

so I had a very frank exchange with the head of credit at the bank when we discussed the issue.

This CCJ is the only blot on my copy book.

This is what I plan to do,

call them on Monday,

pay the 235 quid that are pending ask for an email with confirmation of payment and that debt is settled.

and also maybe to send me a letter to that effect.

on the same day I want to reach the county court via phone and maybe if they accept

I can send via mail or if I have to via recorder deliver all the info and they can send me the certificate that the CCJ.

I just want to be in a position of being able to say there tangible evidence that its settled and certificate is on his way now lets press on with the arrangement discussed.

hi dx I'm interested to know more about what you said below pls

"there might be a reasonable chance here to offer them an F&F or the full amount

on the proviso that all evidence of the CCJ is removed from your cra file.

its been done before"