style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The letter in response to our initial stage of complaint to the Bailiffs which we never received, until chased up by email this week was dated 2nd December 2013.

In the letter there was reference to a refund of £25 they were going to make in respect of an error they acknowledged in their accounting.

They said because of Christmas (this was the 2nd December) to allow 6 weeks for receipt.

The 6 weeks elapses on 13/1/2014 -- can I send them a Demand Note for the money and add on an Administration Fee of £150 for having to chase up the payment - like they do ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, did you receive your charges back?

Just so it's clear in my mind. A bailiff can only charge a maximum of £42 if they have not been to levy any goods? So any charges over and above that amount are void?

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Not received any refunds - the Bailiffs could not provide full accounting information because they had archived some of it !!!! - I need to progress to stage 2 of their complaint process I was told.

I am awaiting a response from the council which has been promised imminently before deciding next action. Will let you know - thanks for continued interest

Hi, did you receive your charges back?

Just so it's clear in my mind. A bailiff can only charge a maximum of £42 if they have not been to levy any goods? So any charges over and above that amount are void?

£42.50 if you live in England £24,50 first visit £18 2nd visit

Just so that Im clear the final visit the Bailiff charged an initial £160 charge for attending regarding the debt, and when I got there he was threatening to take away goods there and then -- he then charged a further £50 because he had to wait for the payment to be resolved. The delay with the payment was because I offered to pay by cheque. In previous written reminders to my friend they had said payment by cheque was acceptable. He refused the cheque so I had to return home to get a card and then come back - he then took another 15 minutes sorting the processing of the card out due to their poor systems

Are you saying this sort of charge is totally illegal - is there a legal act, precedent etc I can quote as necessary when the time arises

• 3 weeks later...

Just for anybody who may be dealing with Ross and Roberts. Rather than use their 0870 number, use 01458 271888. Also, Steve Roberts foolishly used his email address to register their domain names, so email him on sroberts at rossandroberts dot co dot uk . Before I am flamed, this information is available freely, so no I am no marvel of an investigator. I just feel for those that have been ripped off by these ****.

Just for anybody who may be dealing with Ross and Roberts. Rather than use their 0870 number, use 01458 271888. Also, Steve Roberts foolishly used his email address to register their domain names, so email him on sroberts at rossandroberts dot co dot uk . Before I am flamed, this information is available freely, so no I am no marvel of an investigator. I just feel for those that have been ripped off by these ****.

Bear in mind Ross 'n Robbers are a cog in the Crapita Empire's wheel.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!