Bus Driver Interview Need Advice/Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have been long term unemployed. However I have managed to secure myself an interview for a bus driver’s job with national express next week.

I have had 3 interviews this year and none have been successful. I get very nervous during interviews and I think that is one of the reasons I am not getting work.

I would like some help/advice as to what to expect from this interview in terms of what they will ask and what kind of answers they are looking for.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Well done on the interview but very difficult to give advice.

I suppose that you need to project an image of calm responsibility. Safety is no.1 no.2 and no.3 priorities. Responsibility to your passengers - who are your employer's customers - and to other road users.

I suppose that you can ask them about their training and whether there are refresher courses. Whether there is fist aid training - and if any of that is voluntary, you need to tell them that you would be keen to go on any training programmes which they offer - even if they are optional.

I would do a lot of research and find out everything you can about the company - here's a start - http://www.nationalexpress.jobs/drivers/bus-drivers/trainees.aspx

This is not so that you know all the answers, but so that you know enough about their operation and training to be able to ask relevant sensible questions.

Ask questions - even if you know the answers - because that shows that you are curious and that you are aware of some of the important issues involved with their company and with being a safe and responsible driver.

You have to show yourself as an eager person who is interested in doing a good job as well as being interested in their business

By the way, even your forum user name projects an image which is rather negative about yourself. Start trying to think of yourself more positively. Hold your head up and look outwards. A positive outlook will change the way you think about yourself and that will make others change the way they think about you.

I hope you don't mind me saying this.

Also I have changed your username to Good-credit to give you a start.

Email me on the admin address if you want it changed back.

Out of curiosity I googled "interview experience national express" and, as expected, found some useful leads.

Good luck. A positive attitude is one of the strongest indicators towards a successful outcome.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25191591

We want to know how it went - good or bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have some good news!

I passed the interview stage! I just heard back from them. I have to go for a medical on the 7th January. If all goes well I need to pass my theory then on to training! I do have psoriatic arthritis but I informed them of my condition at the interview.

Thank you to all the people who replied and gave me advice it was much appreciated. I hope I can now pass the medical!

Thanks once again!

Excellent. Nice xmas present, well done.

You came here in search of bus driver interview tips: do you have any to leave for others who may find themselves in similar position and turn here for advice?

Thanks and best wishes.

Congratulations.

Is it with the coach driving business or the bus driving side.....

Now just make sure you keep your eyes on the road and not on the talent on the pavement!

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Congratulations - new year, new you!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!