Bryan Carter/Lowell/Shop Direct court claim***Claim Discontinued***

linzi2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hi with the first bit in the defence could I use the fact I was and still am unemployed? I am a full time mum lol

Sorry doesn't matter I read it wrong im so stuck I think I might just leave it and let them get their default judgement. thanks for the all help anyway x

As stated you will have to edit to suit your particulars of claim ...at this early stage it may be wise to refrain from stating that you were unemployed....that will not gain extra brownie points.......admit or refute only to what they state...you can add history later in a WS if it is required....

That defence merely puts them to strict proof to test if they wish to proceed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

"Sorry doesn't matter I read it wrong im so stuck I think I might just leave it and let them get their default judgement. thanks for the all help anyway x "

Exactly what MR C wants to read...what a shame.

But in the post it says "sent a section 78 request" I didn't send one? so do I just delete all the parts that mention that? Sorry I am sounding extremely dumb but im sure any mistake I make Bryan Carter will pick up on it. And I don't want to admit to the agreement because surely that would mean I do owe the money and will lose?

Then you edit to read ...Paragraph 1, I neither admit or deny and have no recollection of any agreement......

Once you state that you can pretty much type what you like without any admittance.

Have a go ...post your draft and I will check it back to your PoC.

Do I add that I sent a cpr 31.14 and they refused to provide me with the documents on which they base their claim?

If you have then yes thats the truth

Paragraph 1 I neither admit or deny and have no recollection of any agreement.

Paragraph 2 is denied I have no recollection of the debt to be assigned/purchased.

Paragraph 3 is denied I have no recollection of any agreement with shop direct.

I have sent the claimant a CPR 31.14 request and have had a response from them stating they would not provide me with the documents on which their claim is based.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for;

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Until such time the Claimant can comply with my request for a copy of the agreement it relies upon, they are prevented from enforcing or requesting any relief as pursuant to the CCA 1974.

By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

How well have I managed to butcher your good work? lol

Edited by linzi2011

Refresh your page linzi I have edited your post.

Yes...if you are submitting manually add Claimant V Defendant and claim number if you are submitting vis a MCOL then its not required...print off your receipt as proof of submission.

Regards

Andy

Afraid so...the court will confirm your defence has been forwarded to the claimant...they have 28 days to respond or decide to proceed....if not the claim will be stayed until either party make application to proceed (for whatever reason).

Best of luck

• 4 weeks later...

hello hope you all had a good xmas and new year. Mine was brilliant until these 4 letters dropped on my mat lol. I'm not sure what to do now? They have said they are proceeding with the claim. I have attached the 4 letters and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with what to do now please.

Uploads unapproved please cleanse and repost PDF 1 & 4.

Regards

Andy

Yes unless you wish to accept BCs offer of consent to settle the matter.

Well if they have actually informed the court they wish to proceed the claim will be allocated to its track. You will receive a DQ (Directions questionnaire) to complete and once submitted a Notice of Allocation which will contain directions and time table of what is to happen next and when.

But this clown usually issues a Notice of discontinuance once they have to pay for it to proceed.

Ahh ok so just sit and wait for now? How will i know if the issue a Notice of discontinuance? will it be the court or Bryan Carter that tell me? once again thank you so much for all the help you have given me with this.