Theft following non completion of works

xcn76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I don't know if this is the right area of the forum but I need some advice.

I recently had some artificial grass installed and the total job was £800. I paid £400 deposit and then the rest would be paid on completion of the works. The work was substandard and on re-addressing the job the owner of the company said he was not going to do anything to resolve it and walked away.

He then issued me a letter stating that he was taking me to the small claims court. I responded and stated that I was more than happy to pay the remaining amount when he completed the work to the required standard.

Today I have arrived home and he has trespassed onto my property and removed all the grass and the foundations resulting in my garden now being a pool of mud.

The police are involved but state there is nothing they can do and this is even with the statement of the neighbour who saw the whole thing.

does anyone have any advice ?

What reason did the police give to say they cant do anything?

You could always start a small claims case against him.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D