BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2309 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wonder if someone can help me. My mum came home from work yesterday and sat on her doorstep were 2 large boxes for her address but with a different person's name on them.

She opened her letterbox and there was a card from Myhermes saying that they had left 1 parcel in a safe place. She struggled to move the boxes as they were heavy, took them in the house and then called the number on the card explaining they were left on here doorstep when she wasn't there and that they aren't even for her so could they come and collect them.

They refused to collect them saying that she needed to contact the company the goods came from. He told her she had to open them to have a look to see where the goods were from, she did that and it turns out it's a company in America. She doesn't want to call them because it's not a UK company or phone number so will cost a lot and she doesn't know the person that is on the packages.

What can she do? Surely, the courier should collect?

Yes, the courier could collect, but myhermes feels they shouldnt. Have a search of the forums, youll see a few stories like that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Oh how fantastic of them! I guess I will have to get over to hers and dispose of them myself?

Hi, might be worth emailing the company, giving them the order details and explain that it has been delivered to your mother's address with someone elses name on, just in case someone turns ups claiming to be the correct recipient with "sorry about that, i'll just take the goods now" leaving your mother with a possible charge of receiving goods obtained fraudulently. If it is a genuine error then I would think that the company would arrange for the goods to be collected by another courier.