style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been getting spammed by text message and phonecall by Moorcroft.

They didn't identify who they purchased the alleged debt from.

They did leave a reference number in a text message,

which allowed me to log into their website and submit a message along the lines of:

"Your communication by text message and telephone will cease immediately, and you will contact me in writing.

Failure to comply will put you in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1999, and s.127 of the Communications Act 2003.

Any future communications will be recorded and logged to be used in evidence."

They responded by letter saying:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence, I write to confirm we require a monthly repayment proposal you can afford and maintain,

to enable us to assist you further."

This seems to imply they won't stop texting and calling until I agree to hand over money to them.

that's blackmail !!

Fact do not give any information over the phone if they ring you, never go through data protection questions with them ever and do not admit who you are if they call, they threaten only they have no clout

This is Moorcrap were talking about here, they wouldn't know how to blackmail someone if they were handed a dummies guide to blackmailing!

IGNORE them, don't react to any of their sill phonecalls or text messages, send every message you receive to

Orange, Vodafone, O2, and T-Mobile: 7726

Three: 37726

Any landline phonecalls you receive, just laugh and hang up, then report them to your phone provider and go through their malicious calls procedure.

Keep a diary of events with a view of reporting them to your local plod for the criminal offence of harassment.

Finally you need to file a complaint against them to the OFT & TS and also Ofcom for their misuse of the communications network.

Above all else these are nothing but bored children who have no powers whatsoever, ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If you want to stop e-mails. text or phone call you must put the requests in writing addressed to their data controller.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

I've been getting spammed by text message and phonecall by Moorcroft. They didn't identify who they purchased the alleged debt from. They did leave a reference number in a text message, which allowed me to log into their website and submit a message along the lines of:

"Your communication by text message and telephone will cease immediately, and you will contact me in writing. Failure to comply will put you in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1999, and s.127 of the Communications Act 2003. Any future communications will be recorded and logged to be used in evidence."

They responded by letter saying:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence, I write to confirm we require a monthly repayment proposal you can afford and maintain, to enable us to assist you further."

This seems to imply they won't stop texting and calling until I agree to hand over money to them.

Have Moorcroft at any point disclosed what it is they are chasing, until they do so you are quite right to ignore all contact.

Behaving as they are without written disclosure breaches OFT Guidance .

Check credit reference files asap.

Then come back here for further advice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I've looked around their website but the only form I could find was for advice agencies and "other third party organisations". How does a consumer make a complaint?

Sorry, I misworded my post. I'd like to submit my individual complaint to OFT so they can keep it on file. I know they won't deal with me individually, but they do like to collect information, and must already have a file on the DCA in question.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I have Mackenzie Hall emailing, calling, and texting me. I've responded to none of this. They haven't sent me a letter, or in any way told me what debt they're trying to chase.

What do?

Send them a telephone harassment letter and make sure to clearly state in nice big letters, " i do not acknowledge any debt blah blah".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Continue to ignore them. Await one of their puerile missives.

What does your credit file say?

This must be SB or a unen debt otherwise these clowns wouldn't be chasing it.

Mark their emails as junk.

Forward their texts to 7726 (spam) on your phone keypad.

And inform your phone provider your receiving malicious calls.

Keep a diary of events and their harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!