style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I recently applied for Life Insurance cover, but then decided I dont want/need it so I cancelled it. However, I received this email from them today.....

I have recently received correspondence regarding the cancellation of your Life Insurance plans

When you took out the Life Insurance you signed an agreement to stay with ourselves for a period of 24 months.

As you have now cancelled your direct debit you are now in breach of contract.

You are now liable for the full repayment of £192.00

If you would like to discuss payment options including wavering the full £192.00 for a monthly repayment option

please contact the office today before 8pm.

Failure to respond will result in Court Proceedings and Doorstep Collection commencing Thursday 5th December.

Agents will have all call recordings & your signed agreement.

I would like to bring your attention to your signed agreement.

The signed agreement was electronically signed by yourself on the 26th October 2013 from e mail address

The agreement clearly states that you agree to stay with ourselves for the agreement period of 24 months.

Any cancellations within that period of time will result in you becoming liable for the full 24 months premium @ £8.00

Electronic signatures do not need to mimic your actual signature.

It is an accepted legally binding way to confirm agreements online,

without the need of a wet signature.

I look forward to speaking with you soon

Thanks

Jenna McCabe

I am just wondering where I stand here.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm a hard one... Youve gone past the call off period for the insurance...

I would request the full T&Cs and see what you have signed up to/.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi

I cancelled it after about a week or so, and they have only emailed me about it today.

Can I tell them that if anyone does call at my house then it will be treated as harassment and the police will be called?

doorsteppers my foot!

they've no legal powers

I would suspect you are well within your rights to cancel within 14days regardless

of any stupid clauses on their T&C's

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you quoted exactly above? "24 months premiums @ £8". If that's what it says then that's £8, not £8 per month!!

I havent quoted it to them, is that a typo from them or can I use it against them?

I replied to the email as follows.

Hi

I am currently taking Legal advice regarding this matter and I am stating now that if anyone from your company attends my Property then the Police WILL be called and harassment charges will be pressed, which could result in your Employee having a criminal record.

Take notice of the following.

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by email and this has been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Regards

well yea a typo but not really of much important

look at their online T&C's I bet like any typical contract you have 14 days to cancel

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...