I need help with rlp and scotcall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunately

in the summer I lost a close family member to cancer.

This lead me to doing stupid things which

one of them was stealing from Primark.

I stole a shirt for £15 and

when I was about to leave the store I was stopped by 5 security guards and was

taken into questioning.

I immediately broke down and admitted to what i did.

Lucky they didn't call the police as I have no criminal record;

they however did take down address and told me I would receive a letter from RLP.

I've so far received 3 letter demanding £137.50 and

I've ignored all of them.

Today I received a text from Scotcall saying

" this is an important message from Scotcall regarding your account. Please call us to discuss this further"

I've read other forums which have said they sometimes turn up at you doorstep,

is there anyway I could avoid this?

Btw I'm 16years old doing my A levels and this is affecting my work as I've been having panic attacks.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I am so glad you have found us so that we can tell you that there is little to worry about.

Snotcall can do nothing apart from text and call and write. There is no debt and as such you could write and tell them that if they continue chasing for a debt that does not exist, you will raise a formal complaint with them and report them to the OFT where their fitness to hold a credit licence could be called into question,

On to RLP. They can also do nothing. You have had all the nasty letters threatening all and sundry (short of taking your first born-as and when that happens) Primark are the ones to take court action if they chose, NOT RLP.

Also, after doing a smalll amount of internet research, I can find NO cases where Primark have taken anyone to court.

Please try to relax and treat RLP as a mere annoyance.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oh yes, as you are under 18, there is also bu**er all they can do

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Pleasure :-)

Eventually, the troops will see this thread and offer a lot more support.

Thank you for your help. My heart is now beating at its normal speed

Hi Panda16, As Silverfox wisely states ignore RLP, Scotcall may be more difficult to ignore and you may need to write a few letters if you are worried about them calling at your house etc.

The following links are for letters in the CAG library which will stop them ringing you or trying to call at your house.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone

Scotcall often make threats to visit your home which are very rarely followed up. If someone does call at your house simply tell them to go away or you wii call the police as you are a minor in the eyes of the law the police will respond.

Above all do not let them panic you there are many people on this forum who will support you.

Please stop worrying about Snotcall. They are simply bottom feeders in the debt collection world and have no power to do anything whatsoever. RLP have simply paid them a fixed fee to try to shame/scare you into paying up - there is still a stigma in many peoples' eyes about a 'debt collector' however once you realise that they have no legal power and most certainly cannot enter your house or remove goods for sale, they are actually rather small and insignificant. Once they have exhausted the fee that they have been paid, and when they see that it is going nowhere, the calls/texts/letters will stop.

If you really feel like contacting them, do so only in writing and tell them in no uncertain terms that there is no debt to collect, you have no 'account' with them and that since they are harassing you over a non-existent 'debt' you will respond to any further communication with a complaint to the authorities regarding their continued harassment.

You have done the right thing in ignoring RLP and a debt collector referral normally marks the beginning of the end of their begging. The next bit will be that 'since you have chosen not to respond to pre action protocols and have offered no remorse, shame or explanation for your actions, we will refer the matter back to our client with a recommendation that they issue a claim for the full extent of their losses'

Also, since they are almost certainly reading this now (:wave:) the next letter might also include the fact that they are aware of you taking advice from the nasty people at CAG and that we are all layabout workshy losers with no knowledge of the law and that they are the only people that you should be speaking to.

Just remember that the last time one of RLP's clients went near a court in a contested action they were soundly spanked by the Judge and it was deemed that their case had no merit. Ask also why with so many threads on this forum there are none where the individuals concerned have come back to say 'Thanks for your crap advice, I have now received Court papers'?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

In all my years I have never known a DCA to call at someones house, it just imply wouldn't be worth the expense, travel, petrol, wages, etc..all would possibly add up to more than the debt and with a high likely hood the person would be out at work, etc.

Ignore RLP but it would be helpful if you re-dact, scan and post up any letters received.

Scotcall are the lowest of the low. They only deal in unenforceable debts that no other company will touch.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

In all my years I have never known a DCA to call at someones house, it just imply wouldn't be worth the expense, travel, petrol, wages, etc..all would possibly add up to more than the debt and with a high likely hood the person would be out at work, etc.

Ignore RLP but it would be helpful if you re-dact, scan and post up any letters received.

I've had 2 come to my house. i just told them where to go and after a few random calls, ive heard nothing since.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I'm really worried about them coming as my mum doesn't know the whole story. If they were to send someone when do think that would be (after 2weeks of no reply). I live in London do you think they'll come all the way here

It is highly unlikely that anyone will show up. As mentioned, Scotcall are one of the bottom feeders of the DCA world.

Now unless they have self employed agents around the country (never heard of any) then no-one will show. having checked on the OFT credit register, Scotcall do not have a licence to act outside of their offices.

This is just not worth their while visiting.

IF you want to be sure, there is a letter in the library to stop them calling at your home.

Try not to stress.

Scotcall do employ doorsteppers, but not everywhere. I understand they are employed by Scotcall, but are commission driven. Easily seen off by telling them to leave.

The reference in a consumer credit licence to 'canvassing off premises' relates only to offering credit; it has no meaning where DCAs are concerned.

Even if DCAs do turn up they are just mere mortals like you and I and can only ask you for the alleged amount nothing more, they have no powers and I'm really surprised they even exist in this day and age, no doubt it is because some people confuse them with court appointed bailiffs.

The reference in a consumer credit licence to 'canvassing off premises' relates only to offering credit; it has no meaning where DCAs are concerned.

As they say, "Every day is a school day."

I'm really worried about them coming as my mum doesn't know the whole story. If they were to send someone when do think that would be (after 2weeks of no reply). I live in London do you think they'll come all the way here

In the unlikely event that they did call, if they divulge any information to anyone else then they would be landing themselves in some very hot water. I think that even identifying themselves as a debt collector to someone else would be letting them know that you had debts (even imaginary ones as in this case)

In the unlikely event that they did call, if they divulge any information to anyone else then they would be landing themselves in some very hot water. I think that even identifying themselves as a debt collector to someone else would be letting them know that you had debts (even imaginary ones as in this case)

Yes there are laws or at least strong guidance about this.

I strongly doubt anyone would be foolish enough to turn up unsolicited at your door, if they did you can simply laugh at them and tell them to sod off.

This is RLP and is unenforceable, the woman who runs it is very well known on here, you have nothing to fear.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Scotcall can turn up if you live in the area of their offices.

But they usually shuffle off if you tell them where to go.

Panda, don't you think it might be time to fully 'fess up' to your mum? Yes she will be angry and disappointed but then at least you can direct her to this thread and show her what is what. It is difficult for anyone to go through stress without having anyone to talk to.

You are a teenager. We all did dumb stuff at that age (except me of course. I'm perfect :roll: )

Also if anyone did turn up, you can tell them to 'do one' with your mum's support. :lol:

What muppets. They can't do anything to you AFTER you are 18. They never could.

Unfortunately that image is too small. Can you convert it to pdf format. I have no idea how (I'm old)

Scotcall can be seen off very easily. Threaten to report them to the OFT (Office of Fair Trading) as they are chasing a debt that doesn't exist

Sorry I don't know how to do that on my phone, but it says "please also note that our client wishes to use civil recovery as a deterrent against further incidents and therefore reserves it's rights to pursue this matter"