Advice regarding ESA50

CuriouslyGeorge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I split up with my partner a while back I have now been able to put in a claim for ESA, I am on the assessment rate and received my ESA50 last week.

It has to go back within the next 3 weeks so I wanted some advice about filling it in.

I was going to ask my GP for a supporting letter quoting Regulations 29 & 35 but I doubt she would do this for me, although it might be worth trying.

I am planning to ask them for a home visit too for my assessment as well as it being recorded because I have several conditions and struggle to go out often so very little chance of me getting to an assessment 50 miles away.

I suffer from chronic Asthma, chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, hiatus hernia, B12 deficiency, gastro reflux disease, widespread pain (possible Fibromyalgia waiting on seeing the Rheumatologist) and also unilateral headaches (a form of migraines.)

Any advice you can offer me? I have scanned copies of my prescription showing that I am on 7 different medications, I have scanned copies of a Neurological Report stating I have fatigue, balance issues, short-term memory problems, tingling, twitching and suffer from a form of Migraines and some anxiety etc etc, I also have a copy of a recent Spirometry showing that I have an obstruction in my lungs and that my Lung Age is 74, despite me being in my 30's.

I also have some reports from ENT's and Gastroentrologists regarding my irritable bowel and reflux disease and abdominal pain and swallowing issues.

I am just trying to get as much evidence as possible to send with the ESA50 in the hope that I won't be called for an assessment as I know some people aren't, however I would have to hope for a miracle on that one.

Thanks.

In some areas at the moment ATOS assessments have been suspended, so you may be one of the lucky ones.

As for help completing the form have a look at this :: http://www.nawra.org.uk/Documents/Cardiff_Mar_10/Fit%20for%20Purpose%20%20A%20Guide%20to%20Completing%20the%20ESA50.pdf

It should give you a good idea of what you need to do and the way to word things.

Good Luck !!

Copy all your medical notes and send them with your esa 50,only send copies not originals.You could peal off the prescription labels and stick them on the other info page so they know what you are taking.You may not even be called for the WCA when they read your notes.Ensure you ask for a recorded medical,you will have to ring them for that when you get your first appointment even if you have put a request for it on the ESA 50.A good site for info on filling the ESA 50 in is thefullfacts as well as the sticky on it here.Good Luck

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

You will almost certainly need a letter from your GP saying you could not attend the assessment centre if you want a home visit. Basically, if you can get to hospital/GP appointments they will refuse unless you cannot do stairs and the assessments are carried out on or above the first floor at your local centre.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.