Friend dismissed, representing at appeal friday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all would really appreciate some advice here, a friend was recently dismissed after making a silly error, its his appeal on friday and I will be sitting in with him.The long and short is he was accused of theft on halloween.working as a server in a restaurant he was dressed up for halloween, a customer ordered a takeaway that wasent rang through the till. hence the accusation of theft, at this point I would like to point out I would trust this guy with my life!we are supposed to be provided with bumbags to carry cash in howver mostly have not been provided with new uniform for years, so he ended up sticking up cash everywhere (not the cleaverest thing i know), as the shift was busy he forgot to ring the takeaway in and as his cash was everywhere it stayed forgotton in a pocket untill he found it a week later...as far as I can see theres nothing that can be done, but i was thinking of launcing the appeal based on the fact that he did not have the equipment required to perform his role, its a mgrs respopnsibility to ensure this is the case and im sure cash is only insured if its in a bumbag.its a bit like proximate cause in insurance? if he had the right equipment he would not have forgotton about the money and it wouldt have happened in the first place...the only reason this came to light is someone from head office did a "mystery shop", i thought entrapment was illegal?am i missing anything? any other grounds I can appeal on??thanks all!!