Don't get caught by the Amazon Prime free trial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you've bought anything from Amazon this Christmas (and who hasn't?) are you sure you didn't unwittingly sign up for Amazon Prime at a cost of £49 a year?

Angry Amazon shoppers have been hit with a £49 charge for a special delivery service they claim they never signed up to.

Unwitting customers who took a free trial with Amazon Prime have been automatically slapped with a bill without warning.

Many did not even know their trial was up or that they had been charged, until they saw £49 taken on their bank statement.

And others who missed the small print did not realise they would have to pay extra after 30 days unless they cancelled..

I bought from Amazon recently for some Christmas gifts and the Amazon Prime free trial was a tickbox that was not automatically ticked. You had to opt-in to the free trial, not opt-out.

If you're ticking a box on a shopping website, you really should be actually reading what the tickbox is for.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Prime happily for about two years now - it all seemed perfectly clear to me from the outset, including how to cancel if I didn't want to keep using it. As the article comments note, Amazon are refunding the fee for anyone who claims to have subscribed to the service by mistake.

If you know what to do, you can get amazon prime free

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I used it and cancelled before being hit with the charge, no probs.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert