Daughter has CCJ and valid put a writ on my car

apples76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope that someone could

Point me in the right direction. My daughter has had a CCJ against her due to a student flats she didn't take up or pay anything to and just ignored.....

I came home to find that a bailiff had called during the day and put a writ against my car that I had on the drive. What I. need to know is how do I contest this and get it removed....

Appreciate your help. Thx

I also need to add that this has been moved to another court from the bulk processing center to another court with an new hearing date. Is there a form that needs to be filled in to stop any further collection actions by the bailiff?

Hi there, you need to contact the bailiff company and tell them that the car they have levied on does not belong to your daughter - you will need to send them proof of ownership. Does your daughter live at home with you?

Which bailiff company is it?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have spoken with the bailiff and he told me to send proof of ownership to their office address.

He would not tell me how to hold the collection proceedings so could someone please advise how I need to go about this.

Thx

Make sure you send proof of ownership by special delivery so it has to be signed for, enclose a letter of explanation adding that there is a court hearing to determine payment (send a copy of that also) and therefore visits by the bailiff need to stop. I can't see what he is going to collect anyway - obviously you wouldn't allow him into the house.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have spoken with the bailiff and he told me to send proof of ownership to their office address.

He would not tell me how to hold the collection proceedings so could someone please advise how I need to go about this.

Thx

Your daughter needs to look at applying to set aside the CCJ. http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=12_how_to_set_aside_a_judgment_in_the_county_court

This is the CAB advice on stopping bailiff actions.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/debt_e/debt_action_your_creditor_can_take_e/debt_bailiffs_e/how_to_stop_bailiff_action.htm

I have provided the links to information, which might save time in you posting information and then questions being asked for more information. It may be easier to follow the guides that are provided by National Debtline and CAB.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There may be insufficient grounds to make application to set a side the judgment ...you must deal with the incorrect levy first (which you have) you (your daughter) can also make application to stay the writ (using the N245) if she is prepared to go down the set a side route to challenge the judgment.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

Update and new question.

the writ was removed by the bailiffs so thank you for the info.

The case went to court and had the remaining defendants added to the judgement. although i did send a letter requesting the court did not do this and let my daughter pay the current amount by 31/08.

the judgement was as follows:

the remaining defendants (other students on the lease agreement) have now had a judgement against them for the current total amount owed plus additional costs and fees. in the judgement it states that they shall each make a set payment monthly and if one of them fails to pay then they shall become responsible for the debt in full.

it does not mention the original order made by the bulk center where my wife (Guarantor) and daughter were given a CCJ.

What i would like to know is where we currently stand legally with this and the original judgement.

Also it appears that the bailiffs who came to the house have been appointed by the claimant and not the court, does this mean they have diffent powers to enter the home etc...?

Thx.

Worried dad.

What you had was a visit from a High Court Enforcement Officer but as they seem to have acknowledged proof of ownership of the vehicle that has now been removed. For residential premises they have no more rights of than a common or garden Bailiff collecting for Council Tax - although the Form they use may suggest otherwise.

Does the new Judgment have a different number to the original?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]