nationwide verified by visa puzzled?

ziggy04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good evening,

I am having problems with nationwide verified by visa .

I have been trying to pay my gas bill online over the last few days but the payment has been declined/not authorised by nationwide.

I have tried numerous times checking and double checking that I had entered all information correctly, but to no avail,

my payments have been accepted in supermarkets and today at my vets with no problems.

I thought it maybe a problem with british gas website

but today I tried to purchase goods online and the payment was declined again!

there wasn't even the security page from verified by visa to enter password etc

just a message saying we are unable to process the order as yourself cannot be verified by your bank.

Seems rather odd as I have made other payments and my direct debits using the visa card are going through ok,

any thoughts to why this is happening please?

Might be a block on yoru card with certain companies. Give your bank a ring, and failing that, give the gas supplier a ring and put it through manually.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That has nothing to do with nationwide or the OP's issue.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

thanks for the replies, do supermarkets, vets and other retailers use a different system to authorise payments? it is just nationwide verified by visa that is refusing authorisation of payments I have never encountered this problem before

Each retailer uses different merchants. Some have different methods to process transactions than others.

why cant you pay the gas bill by bacs on your banks internet webportal?

you don't have to use the card at all?

is this a debit card or a credit casd.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The similar system used by NatWest and RBS (natwest secure) often 'drops out' make 1 payment then rejects others or does not recognise password.

I wonder if it's due to overload.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

why cant you pay the gas bill by bacs on your banks internet webportal?

you don't have to use the card at all?

is this a debit card or a credit casd.

I have now paid via bank transfer , I have always paid via british gas website by nationwide visa debit card with no problems until the last few days

well its got a bit more frustrating today, I tried to phone nationwide customer services had to go through security check didn't get through to anyone as their system didn't recognise my internet banking pass number! It's the same one I have had for years. still cannot use my card online just getting authorisation declined message,popped into my local Sainsbury's card declined there as well. Logged on to my Nationwide internet bank account signed in with the pass number they don't recognise, and paid the gas bill.... what a pain in the backside

Go to your nearest branch and speak to a manager. Not a front desk monkey, but the actual manager.