style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a question regarding Jamie Waller and his bailiffs of JBW firstly must Jamie Waller have a bailiffs certificate reason I ask is he’s not on bailiffs register. I also have a problem with Jxxx Exxx and Axxx Gxxx, Exxx both of JBW Exxx was supposed to have first put a notice of attendance letter stuck in letter box this was for a PCN as it was a Dagenham Essex address I asked for sworn affidavit to that effect considering he got his licence from Middlesbrough County Court at Teesside Combined Court and resides there they JBW refuse to give me that sworn affidavit them stating I accepted N/T/O has been put into letter box,has anyone had dealing with this bailiff in London area as the PCN with court cost amounted to £202 but they have put his costs onto PCN then bailiff Gxxx made “one visit only”early in August 2013 was paid £230 which was £28 over the PCN cost of £202 same day that afternoon and was told rest of amount when he stated were bailiff fees were £567.04 me stating rest were to be paid 4 days later this was done in cash after paying this colossus amount over and above the £202 I went on the net and found this and other forums that’s when I found out he had fraudulently taken monies he was not entitled to charging a letter fee £13.44 which was not received Levying Distress or attending to levy distress but where a levy was not made£68.40 also for removing goods or attending to remove goods where no goods are removed £210 both these amounts were supposed to be when Jxxx Exxx supposedly put first ticket sticking out of letter box early in July 2013, the only part that near the truth is bailiff Gxxx his cost £73 even though it should have been £67.87 Gxxx charged VAT with no registered receipt I contacted the vat people but have heard nothing it the same with the courts and council they don't want to know so what the best way to go about it to the courts or council advise would be appreciated as JBW and their bailiffs took close to £300 from me.

Edited by ploddertom
Removed names

If you want to check if a bailiff is registered, email the following. Ask for date certification was granted, date it expires and the court that granted it.

Could take a couple of weeks to get a response but it's better than relying on the inaccurate bailiff register where my experience has been that half the bailiffs that I've checked ARE certified but the register says they're not.

[email protected]

Dave,

Please do not take this the wrong way but I am having great difficulty understanding your question. Could you repost the query with some full stops. That would greatly assist.

As confirmed by Ian above, the on-line bailiff register is sadly NOT up to date but this is mainly due to the fact that the courts are slow in advising the Ministry of Justice of new registrations and renewals. Using the email link provided by Ian is the best way forward.

I am trying to ascertain exactly how much you have actually paid. Were you provided with a breakdown? If so, can you please post details.

Is there a reason why you had asked JBW for a sworn affidavit? This is a most unusual request and I would be surprised if any bailiff company would agree to provide one.

You have also complained to HM Revenue & Customs about the lack of a VAT receipt. Did somebody instruct you to do this as once again, it is an odd thing to do.

Lastly, Jamie Waller is the company owner and at one time he had been a certificated bailiff himself although I am not surprised to see his name now missing from the register. He would only require a certificate if he was personally enforcing warrants. I would suspect that he leaves such matters to the bailiffs that he employs.

tom-tubby,Its was only since looking through these forums and noticed some dodgy dealing by JBW that I smelt a rat as it was after notice of attendance was put in letter box with no signature on it only a initial on dated the 31/7.3013 that I rang JBW asking who had posted to letter and was told it was bailiff Exxx,

I contacted the court and received this part of an email stating that this person who works for the court as stated that she “can confirm that Mr Exxx does reside within the jurisdiction of this Court” this being Middlesbrough county court at Teesside Combined Court and that he received his bailiff licence from that court, so as the PCN was in the Dagenham Essex area thought it very strange that someone would put letter in the letter box not knock so early in the morning after reading that bailiff companies send dogs bodies out to post flyers.

I asked for proof he posted it as you will see in my first article JBW refused saying that I had confirmed this N/O/A was delivered so as the forum states for proof I needed a sworn affidavit from him as a document sent by JBW stated that for putting letter through door this person claimed £278.40 “just for a letter” to me that's fraud.

I could not believe you had stated it was most unusual request to ask for a sworn affidavit? and that you would be surprised if any bailiff company would agree to provide one, JBW have lied from day one first stating a letter was sent and charging £13.44 them stating categorically state in a letter that bailiff Exxx did indeed attend under the authority of a warrant of execution issued by Northampton County court posting the afore mention letter and they hold valid tracking a copy of the letter “not disputing the letter” left at the property and a photograph of the front door take on above date, if that,s the case why would they not send me it.

When bailiff Gxxx called on the 8/8/2013 he knocked about 6.30am then left after putting sticker on car that day he received £230 that same afternoon from my daughter as I was away for the day with grand kids and as the amount was £567.04 he gave my daughter over the weekend to pay the rest this was paid 3 days later on the following Monday, when he was only entitled to 28% plus VAT which worked out at £67.87

As you probably know a bailiff commits fraud under Sections 1 to 5 of the Fraud Act 2006 if he charges for work he has not done, this is what happened.

Regarding the contact with the VAT office, If a bailiff charges VAT and his fee invoice is not a qualified VAT invoice then I am entitled to report him for*VAT fraud and that is what I did.

I hope I have made this reply clearer.

Edited by ploddertom
Removed names

Please refrain from naming names.

A Bailiff once Cerificated may carry out his duties in any area of England or Wales so it makes no difference if he is Certificated at middlesborough & works in Dagenham. The residential address the Court may have alluded to may have been the one he used when his Certificate was granted so does not mean he currently resides there. I suspect he works away from home in order to further his income.

A Bailiff may charge VAT on top of his fees for PCN's but does not need to use the usual VAT INvoice we see as the taxable part of the fee is not reclaimable by the debtor whether VAT registered or not. Instead for business purposes you claim against the total amount.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]