I got cheated, looking for help

Ashwin Ajit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

On the 18th of November, I made a purchase of 125 Handmade Origami Cranes from a person called (name removed) via the website etsy.com. I believe she is from the U.K.

After messaging her back and forth, and requesting pictures of her recent work, I went ahead with the payment. I didn't think I would get cheated because the website seemed legit. Her profile on the website is as follows: etsy.com/people/nothingbeatshandmade

I made a payment of 25 pounds, which deducted 2,640 Rupees from the credit card. She said it would take 2-3 days to make and deliver and should arrive a week after that.

After that for about a week she had been lying said that the product has been sent, and to contact my local post office to check on the status.

Last night when I contacted her again, she revealed that there were no cranes made, and there was no way of her returning my money. I am going to repeat the exact message that she sent me: " There is no cranes. They were not posted. Sorry for this, I tried to learn how to do it but I just couldnt learn. I am only 14 years old and dont have means to pay you back, I am sorry. "

I have proof of transaction and all the conversations made with this person has been recorded on the website.

I tried contacting the website admins but I have not received a reply as yet. She has threatened to close her account if I tried to report her.

What should I do to get my money back?

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the online forum where I hope help will be forthcoming.

Based on your post, you are in India so our knowledge of how the banking and credit card system in your country is going to be limited.

If you used your credit card to pay with PayPal then you can raise a dispute with them.

Please check whether you can do a chargeback with your credit card provider.

you may need to copy the correspondence from the seller.

I will be removing the name you posted above just in case this is not the correct person.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You should indeed report the account to the Etsy Administrators. I would imagine they would be horrified to know that someone is abusing their account in this manner.

This is something I would expect from Ebay, not Etsy !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should indeed report the seller as being only 14 and demand that etsy take steps to recover your money. Like Ebay, they have a client verification process that includes having an active debit card or paypal account. The money can then be recovered by etsy via this payment method an dif the account is the sellers parents' a/c then even better as it will make them take a closer interest in their offspring's activities.