• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cash4Phones - i've issued a court claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Same story as millions it seems.

I sent off my samsung galaxy s2 in good condition with some wear and tear on the frame, screen was not scratched.

They offered me £128 which was generous compared to the £70 from other sites.

I foolishly sent them my phone hoping for a quick sale, it said 3 days I would get my money,

I was then told that I was being offered £44.40 due to excessive wear and tear,

now I only accepted the offer because I needed the money asap and did not really understand the excessive part too much,

maybe to them a few scratches on the frame was excessive so I accepted.

after the 7 to 10 day waiting period was up I noticed no money was in my account,

I sent an email expressing how upset I was that my money was not in my account,

they apologised pretty quick then saying the money was busy being transferred,

left it for some more, no reply to follow up email where I stated that I would be now applying for court action, no response.

I rang them several times and only managed to speak to someone twice,

both times I told them that if the money was not in my account in 48 hours, I will be taking them to court.

I left it for a few days, no money, no reply to email and no follow up phone call.

I then started the mcol proceedings,

I paid the money,

waited the 14 days from date of issue,

I could issue a judgement as of yesterday,

I did it today,

I have now been made aware by the facebook group that I should have sent a letter to them stating that I was taking them to court,

I havent and now im scared that ive made a huge mess.

Please can someone help asap.

I do apologise for the long essay.:sad:

Who are you talking about? What is the name of the company?

Doesn't matter if you didn't send them a LBA, they will have been notified of your claim anyway.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What you have stated in your listing is the same tactics that was reported on watchdog last month. have a read her, looks like there tricks haven't changed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/cash-4-phones

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Ah yes, good old crims still at it!

Well follow through with the claim you have against them,

also lodge a formal complaint against them with trading standards and the OFT, otelo might like to be informed too!

Spread it far and wide that these crooks need to be avoided!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Maybe not now, but your complaint will be added to the ever growing pile that is undoubtedly growing by the day,

so in essence you will hopefully added to the closing down of these crooks..

Why not add your story to Watchdog?

http://https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

What you have stated in your listing is the same tactics that was reported on watchdog last month. have a read her, looks like there tricks haven't changed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/cash-4-phones

After being blatently caught out on Watchdog its amazing that they are STILL upto their old tricks, clearly their whole business model is based on giving people quotes for phones in the region of £150 or so but then offering about a third of that.

Some people have declined the first offer and ask for the phone to be returned (putting cash4phones in a difficult position as it may not be damaged as they claim), they then offer a much higher offer.

In all scenarios the money is often very slow to appear in the account.

Don't worry about not following protocol on the issue of your claim.

However, I'm afraid that at the moment - even though you have a judgment (well done on this), you may not be able to enforce it because no one can find them.

I think that you should contact action fraud and get it recorded as a crime.

And they don't want to be found.

They are registered through Easily.co.uk, who register through Netnames Group Ltd who register through Ascio Technologies inc who are a Danish company.

Surely all that is required is to follow the phone sent to them.

Edited by Conniff

oh... no...

I`ve just sent my phone off as well after checking the net and finding this company as the best bet. It`s been over a week and I`m getting worried so decided to check here by random net search.

I can`t believe i`ve sent off to a dodgy company- and I really need the cash!

Has anyone checked how many CCJ's they have against them ?

There is a list on here somewhere of the recent CCJS, all unsatisfied.

I also contacted Netnames last week to ask them if they would be prepared to take the site down. I've yet to receive an official reply but the basic answer was no. Cash for phones is their client and it is basically just my word against theirs. I did point out that it wasn't just my word, and they said they would refer it higher up, but in essence they won't do anything unless forced. (I was quite forthright in both my written and verbal conversations by the way!)

oh... no...

I`ve just sent my phone off as well after checking the net and finding this company as the best bet. It`s been over a week and I`m getting worried so decided to check here by random net search.

I can`t believe i`ve sent off to a dodgy company- and I really need the cash!

Well..almost certainly you will be offered less than they quoted you, you can either argue they pay you the full amount or return the phone free of charge.

Or reject the offer and pay to have the phone returned, in all scenarios many people have waited a long time to get their money, some not at all.

The main problem is that they don't appear to have an official address, instead hiding behind various post/forwarding addresses, with hindsight you should of checked more, just typing in cash4phones in google will being up hundreds of compalints.

I believe their actions are beyond bad customer services and tip over into fraud/criminality.

And being a Ltd company, there is virtually no way to come back on those operating it.

All it would take is for someone to wait outside the newsagents that acts as his address and see who comes to collect the goods, and then get the car number and or follow them as well to see where they go.

There is a post on here somewhere where the op recons he went into their office and got his phone back there and then, so someone know where they are.

And being a Ltd company, there is virtually no way to come back on those operating it.

All it would take is for someone to wait outside the newsagents that acts as his address and see who comes to collect the goods, and then get the car number and or follow them as well to see where they go.

There is a post on here somewhere where the op recons he went into their office and got his phone back there and then, so someone know where they are.

You would of thought there might be a whistleblower or disgruntled employee willing to say where they actually worked, how about one of the so called trainees who are always making 'mistakes' when it comes to assessing the condition of the phone, from what Ive read they appear to make a mistake for every single phone that gets sent it.

Thanks, I have reported them to trading standards and the action fraud line. I will see how it plays out, but I have a feeling nothing is going to come from it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?400492-Cash4phones-help-with-MCOL-**WON-AND-ALL-COSTS-TOO**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Didn't realise they'd done a bunk. Keep tracking them.

apparently the address no longer is being used, there is a person who answers the door and says they moved last week. the paddington address to which i issued the court papers to were returned with a note saying address unknown. the lying so and so's. surely there is something we can do. how can the police just ignore us all? and the sad thing is someone from there is monitoring these posts!!!!! I got a letter this morning saying the judgement has been issued? not sure how seeing as the original court papers have been returned to me.

Get back onto Trading Standards and ask them for advice, they must surely know the address of these crooks?

Going around telling this.

C4P Trading as Cash4phones are now

YEMONIA LIMITED

SUITE 21 5 SPRING STREET

PADDINGTON

LONDON

UNITED KINGDOM

W2 3AQ

Company No. 06300042

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE