Go Vauxhall Wimbledon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We bought a new Vauxhall Ampera last year, from GoVauxhall Wibledon.

This car comes with a lifetime warranty.

My experience is,

the company is offering poor service:

poor/no communication,

can't get hold of them,

don't do the necessary paperwork,

and worse.

What can I do?

I am not sure what my options are.

Can I change dealership?

How does that work with the lifetime warranty?

Thanks

Rob

Edited by robfiskervanveen

I used to work for a company that dealt with security for them and earlier this year they went through a reshuffle due to someone screwing the business over...

I think the ownership of the company changed to another one of the current directors and they were very stingy before so... Im not surprised youve reported this.

I would go in and speak to them F2F and see what sort of response you get... If that doesnt work i would speak to Vauxhall direct as I would imagine they would be the ones underwriting this offer and see if they advise changing to another dealership.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Having just looked, it's not afterall such a good warranty as it would seem.

Year 1

All new Vauxhall passenger cars are covered by a one-year unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty with qualifying repairs at no cost to you.

Years 2 and 3

The manufacturer’s warranty is extended for two more years up to a maximum of 60,000 miles.

Lifetime!

After that, Vauxhall provides a unique Lifetime Warranty, available to the first owner for an unlimited time and a maximum of 100,000 miles.

Don’t forget, every new Vauxhall vehicle also comes with:

• A full six year anti-perforation corrosion warranty, with no mileage restriction, subject to an annual corrosion protection service.
  • 12 months free Vauxhall Assistance, covering UK and mainland Europe.

The first year gives you unlimited mileage, so say you do 70,000 miles. The second year covers you up to 60,000 miles, but you have already exceeded that so it would seem that no further coverage is possible.

Have a complete read of the terms of this so called warranty to see what it is actually offering compared to what is advertised.

I've always thought that the claim of a "Lifetime warranty" was always a bit misleading given the restrictions on it really. Granted a lot of people wont hit those limits, but it's hardly a 'lifetime' warranty when there are plenty of cars out there that have done plenty more than 100,000 miles.

The fact that it's also for the first owner only is quite a serious limitation as well. Does that mean that Vauxhall offer no warranty whatsoever beyond the first owner? Most manufacturers with 3/5 year warranties allow that warranty to be transferred with the vehicle rather than staying with the owner.