BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2375 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I parked in a local retail complex where you pay to park but recover your money at the tills of a large store that owns the car park, but only if you spend a minimum of £10 in that store. I decided that as I was only going to spend about £7 I wasnt going to pay to park and look forward to receiving the likely "ticket" and have fun afterwards but I was thwarted by someone else placing a sheet of A4 paper over the ticket payment machines saying "FREE PARKING TODAY" in big letters. I just wish I had thought of that.

and before you ask, the machines were in perfect working order.

Probably put on by the PPC themselves as it won't stop the cameras picking up your number plate. Probably a lot of invoices will go out to people who are easily intimated and the PPC will get paid. Money for nothing, business as usual.

No cameras, they employ a chap to go round and ticket the non-payers

I do it all the time. In the car park of a nearby store its run by Euro Car parking, and you collect a ticket as you enter. You are supposed to spend £15 shopping in the store. But quite often what I will do is go shopping elsewhere, come back to the store and then go to customer services and ask them to clear the ticket so I can get out of the car park (make sure customer services is busy so they won't ask to see a receipt). So there you go 1,2 ... n hours free parking and not much Euro Car parking can do about it. Even if I do go into the store to buy something I go to the serve yourself queue as the cashier in charge has 6 tills to look after they just clear the ticket anyway whatever you spend whether its 1p or more they never check how much you spend. I have never paid to park in this car park ever!