Portfolio Recovery Associates

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I took a loan out with Wonga last year and then came out of work after i paid at least 40% of the loan back as that's all i could afford after i got my redundancy pay with other commitments.

So they referred my debt to Mckenzie Hall DCA and they did nothing but hassle me with letters and bombard me with phone calls until i downloaded an app and blocked there calls full stop.

Then i started receiving about 3 or 4 letters a fortnight with court action blah blah.

So i emailed McKenzie Hall and told them im out of work here is a copy of my JSA Agreement all your getting is £1 a month until i return to work, sadly i am still out of work and kept up the payments until something comes along then ill increase my payment to clear the loan.

I heard nothing for about 9 months until 22nd November 2013 with a letter now from Portfolio Recovery Associates so again now im going through all this hassle of chasing there sort code and account number as they have told me to continue paying the payment plan, i shouldnt have to mess around like this as now this is the 3rd time Wonga has gave this debt to someone else to recover and im getting sick and tired of it.

Also 9 months ago Wonga offered me a £500 settlement figure which i said was fine and asked if they could reduce the debt to that and id continue to make payments and i would settle it once obtained employment they basically shrugged off my email and when i went higher up to the CEO they said they had no records of this email being sent to me sadly i lost my email account after cancelling my virgin media services so had no solid evidence to support it

what is the purpose of these Payday Firms keep changing there recovery companies do i sense something fishy ?

what is the purpose of these Payday Firms keep changing there recovery companies do i sense something fishy ?

It's to try and scare you into paying more by pretending that the debt recovery procedure is "escalating" (remember, escalators go down as well as up)

Also Mucky Hall and PRA are the same co. so it hasn't been passed anywhere.

Illegitimi non carborundum