Junk Mail - Getting fed up now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm looking for some help and advice please. It's regarding the amount of junk mail that gets pushed through my front door on a weekly basis. You know, local free weekly paper stuffed with the usual rubbish. Today is Thursday, this is an inventory of what has been dumped behind my front door so far this week (4 days worth)...

Estate Agents ad card

Chiropractic ad card (A5)

Direct Line mini booklet

Pizza Hut vouchers in ad leaflet (A3)

Local shopping centre Christmas leaflet (A4 folded)

Indian restraint booklet

Toys R Us mini catalogue

Ernest Jones watch and jewellery mini booklet

Pizza Hut voucher leaflet (A4 folded) - yes another one!

Bus travel leaflet

Specsavers booklet

Sainsbury's £15 off turkey leaflet

Clique fashion magazine (100 pages)

BT Sport ad leaflet

2 envelopes non address specific

This is just since last Saturday and to be honest I'm getting a little hacked off with this unsolicited rubbish constantly being dumped in my house. I've recently had a new front door fitted and I put a Dymo label printed message across my letter box. It says "Addressee Only - No Junk Mail". This sort of worked for a few weeks but it's being ignored now I feel. I know there is usually an upsurge in this unwanted marketing strategy at this time of year but seriously, even at the best of times it's got beyond a joke. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to put up with it? I don't want to have to put up with it, I see it as nothing more than littering to be honest. I can't afford to get a new front door fitted that has no letterbox (letters to go in small box fitted to the wall).

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

The addressed mail can be stopped by registering here:

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

For the rest, they pay the post office so you can't opt out. I try to return their junk in their freepost or pre-franked envelopes, so they have the cost of the postage. Hit them financially and they may give up.

if these items are not coming in an addressed envelope [whereby MPS will deal with it].

and its the postman dropping the leaflets

you can tell the post office you don't want 'loose flyers' delivered by the postman.

however, doorsteppers you cant really stop other than by a notice on your door.

just be aware MPS/TPS take a few months to kick in.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is possible to opt out of door to door deliveries by Royal Mail - See: http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/how-do-I-stop-receiving-any-leaflets-or-unaddressed-promotional-material But note that if you do opt out, you may miss important leaflets issued by local/national government.

This won't stop your local "free" paper or a lot of the local business leaflets - These are often hand delivered by employees or subcontractors.

At this time of year, "junk mail" has its uses - I have an open fire, so that's where most of it ends up. At other times of the year, it just goes in the recycle bin.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

What I do is put it all in the prepaid envelopes sent by the cavity wall insulation or double glazing companies supplied for you to allow them to make a further nuisance of themselves and they can then choose themselves a pizza or order cable TV. I bet these people want food and richard Branson to keep them company whilst they wait for some poor sap to contact them about their roof. or whatever.