Advice needed/ underpaid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My daughter has just started delivering papers for the local shop and wanting to know is there a minimum wage for her? She is 16, the shop is saying she isn't entitled to it because of there HNT , but I thought by law she was entitled?, and the wage she is getting is £2.82 hour is this right?

Since 1 October 2013:

The adult rate (21 years plus) increased by 12p to £6.31 an hour

The 18-20 year old rate increased by 5p to £5.03 an hour

The 16-17 year old rate increased by 4p to £3.72 an hour

The apprentice rate increased by 3p to £2.68 an hour.

DOnt let them fob you off. The min wage was increased last month.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the info, and that's what I thought because she left school in may this year and was already 16 , I will wait until she gets paid at the end of the month and see if its right if not I will say something

Tell them to pay the legal minimum rate, or they will be reported. Even if they let her go, you need to report them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

She must be paid the minimum wage for her age of £3.72 per hour - AND is entitled to paid holiday.

Trust me - this has caught out many a newsagent. They may try to argue that NMW applies to only those over the minimum school leaving age (which has just changed to 17 but is a red herring as it now refers to the education leaving age) but that is not the case - the Children (Protection at Work) Regs governs the employment of people below the MSLA but the NMW Act automatically comes into force at 16 years old.

Please let us know how you get on - you may need to refer this to the Pay and Work Rights Helpline https://www.gov.uk/pay-and-work-rights-helpline

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Tell them to pay the legal minimum rate, or they will be reported. Even if they let her go, you need to report them.

If she was dismissed for asserting rights under the Minimum Wage Act it would almost certainly be a case of Automatic Unfair Dismissal

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 3 weeks later...

I have just checked my online banking and have been underpaid from work, now I need to know where I stand regarding getting my pay corrected? I'm paid monthly and this is my last pay until after christmas and I have bills to pay.

I called into work this morning and all my manager said was wait until you start today and see what your payslip says, that's okay for him to say when I'm 22.5 hrs short in pay

Also do I have to wait the following month to get this back? Any advice much appreciated

The manager is correct imo, what do you expect him / her to be able to do without the payslip to refer to.

I would expect the company to rectify the mistake immediately.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

Have you discussed this with HR/Payroll of your company?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

My (ex)employer would certainly issue a (next day) emergency payment - electronically paid through BACS.... if they were aware it was urgently needed, otherwise it would just be paid the following month, as an adjustment, in the next payroll run. So do let your employer know it is urgently needed.

My (ex)employer would certainly issue a (next day) emergency payment - electronically paid through BACS.... if they were aware it was urgently needed, otherwise it would just be paid the following month, as an adjustment, in the next payroll run. So do let your employer know it is urgently needed.

Hi thanks for the replys, I did speak to my manager and show him my payslip then he checked the timesheets and realised I hadn't been paid for 26 hours, so he emailed payroll and then I rang them to see if they received email to which they said yes but need an area manager to respond to them before they can issue an emergency payment, the thing is she is on holiday and not sure when she will read her emails .

Also its my managers fault for not processing some of our wages but he won't admit that

• 4 months later...

Hi can anyone help me work out where I'm going wrong with regards to my pay here's the breakdown:

I'm on a 16 hour contract so my pay is 16 hrs X £... Per week then its worked out times 52 weeks then shared by 12 months

So I get the same salary every month plus overtime

I've just getting paid and I done 176 hours-64 contract hours which leaves me 112 hours overtime but I've only been paid for 95 overtime is this because there is 5 weeks in the month?

As I'm sure I should still get 112 hours?

My boss today went through the timesheets and they are all correct but where is the other 16 hours gone of overtime?

Thanks in advance

the ask for a copy of the hours sheet ond go through it, firstly on your own and then with your boss if there is a discrepancy.

There are more than 52 weeks in the year, generally this is an extra day but it can add up to being 53 weeks in the tax year so people getting paid as you do lose out and those paid weekly on an annual rate benefit.