Dreaded brown letter with complications. Help and Advice appreciated.

upseydaisy:)
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some time ago the DWP were moving single mums who were sick onto incapacity benefit.The forms were sent and returned and I got a reply I had filled in the wrong form.Apparently they had changed the form due to new rules. Anyway whilst about to do this the advisor told me to hold on as the new change for my circumstances was that I would be classed as on incapacity but as a 'clerical case'

I phone a few times over issues and there were problems re where my case was being handled but each time was confirmed technically on incapacity but income support would pay the money and dont worry,eventually would be moved to ESA claim and would receive pack.

Nothing happened and my claim stayed income support and although dreading,expected to be told had moved to ESA when catchment area covered me. I am ot of the ESA catchment areas at the mo for the new further changes to universal credit, which is what I was told would be the change to expect.

Today received letter informing me that my daughter is 16 in december and as such not entitled to income support on basis of single parent and I am confused. I was supposed to be clerical incapacity case and it seems rather than transfer me as expected they are dumping me off benefits for me altogether and telling me to apply ESA or Job Seekers.

Sorry if niave but had expected due to out of catchment area for universal credit for the transfer from supposed incapacity to such to be at least a little while longer, rather than find they dont class me as incapacity at all, when I had applied for it shortly prior to its discontinuation and therefore classed as incapacity benefit.

I will be honest I dont know if I will stand the stress of ATOS as often suicidal due to clinical major depression and also neurological disorder along with mental helath problems. Just very stressful and all I can do is cry, due to what they told me I was status wise seems up in the air. Does anyonw know what they should be doing with clerical incapacity cases paid by income support, or is it litteraly make a claim for ESA from now.

I know many are going through this and if its ESA so be it, but I will be honest I know what ATOS are doing, but I can hardly leave house due to agraphobia on top of illnesses and just dont know if can cope. I feel my suicidal thoughts will eventually make me one of the number adding up of disabled deaths as holding off ending it is a battle as it is.

Any advice appreciated as you see I have two arms and two legs but my brain does not allow me to use them very often and ATOS unless drop in front of them will I am sure see I have four limbs Thanks, even talking on here is an outlet I may need desperately later!:-(

Edited by citizenB
spacing to make reading easier

your might want to hit the edit post icon in the grey toolbar below your 1st msg

and add some lines breaks and sentences

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Some time ago the DWP were moving single mums who were sick onto incapacity benefit.The forms were sent and returned and I got a reply I had filled in the wrong form.Apparently they had changed the form due to new rules. Anyway whilst about to do this the advisor told me to hold on as the new change for my circumstances was that I would be classed as on incapacity but as a 'clerical case'

I phone a few times over issues and there were problems re where my case was being handled but each time was confirmed technically on incapacity but income support would pay the money and dont worry,eventually would be moved to ESA claim and would receive pack.

Nothing happened and my claim stayed income support and although dreading,expected to be told had moved to ESA when catchment area covered me. I am ot of the ESA catchment areas at the mo for the new further changes to universal credit, which is what I was told would be the change to expect.

Today received letter informing me that my daughter is 16 in december and as such not entitled to income support on basis of single parent and I am confused. I was supposed to be clerical incapacity case and it seems rather than transfer me as expected they are dumping me off benefits for me altogether and telling me to apply ESA or Job Seekers.

Sorry if niave but had expected due to out of catchment area for universal credit for the transfer from supposed incapacity to such to be at least a little while longer, rather than find they dont class me as incapacity at all, when I had applied for it shortly prior to its discontinuation and therefore classed as incapacity benefit.

I will be honest I dont know if I will stand the stress of ATOS as often suicidal due to clinical major depression and also neurological disorder along with mental helath problems. Just very stressful and all I can do is cry, due to what they told me I was status wise seems up in the air. Does anyonw know what they should be doing with clerical incapacity cases paid by income support, or is it litteraly make a claim for ESA from now.

I know many are going through this and if its ESA so be it, but I will be honest I know what ATOS are doing, but I can hardly leave house due to agraphobia on top of illnesses and just dont know if can cope. I feel my suicidal thoughts will eventually make me one of the number adding up of disabled deaths as holding off ending it is a battle as it is.

Any advice appreciated as you see I have two arms and two legs but my brain does not allow me to use them very often and ATOS unless drop in front of them will I am sure see I have four limbs Thanks, even talking on here is an outlet I may need desperately later!:-(

Well the first thing you need to do is start getting medical evidence to back up your claims.

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience