Neightbour Smashed Tailight - Denies Responsibility

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We park on the road outside our house, as we have no driveway. The neighbour across the road has a drive, and has a recently upgraded his car to a giant 4x4 on motability. When we're both parked outside, he has been having some difficulty getting into his drive, but usually manages it after a few minutes.

The other morning, we found that my OH's car's tail light has been smashed, at the right height for the bumper of the 4x4 to have hit it, but all debris had been cleared away.

Another set of neighbours says that they saw him attempting to enter his drive, and thought that they saw him bump the OH's car.

We've asked him if he did it, but he denies all responsibility.

We cannot discount the possibility that he didn't cause the damage, but it seems likely that he did. We've had to repair the car at our cost.

I'm guessing this comes down to honesty and decency, or lack thereof (i.e. hard luck), but does anyone think we have any recourse to leverage him? A CC Claim would likely be thrown out by a judge for lack of evidence.

Chalk it up to experience and leave the issue?

We park on the road outside our house, as we have no driveway. The neighbour across the road has a drive, and has a recently upgraded his car to a giant 4x4 on motability. When we're both parked outside, he has been having some difficulty getting into his drive, but usually manages it after a few minutes.

The other morning, we found that my OH's car's tail light has been smashed, at the right height for the bumper of the 4x4 to have hit it, but all debris had been cleared away.

Another set of neighbours says that they saw him attempting to enter his drive, and thought that they saw him bump the OH's car.

We've asked him if he did it, but he denies all responsibility.

We cannot discount the possibility that he didn't cause the damage, but it seems likely that he did. We've had to repair the car at our cost.

I'm guessing this comes down to honesty and decency, or lack thereof (i.e. hard luck), but does anyone think we have any recourse to leverage him? A CC Claim would likely be thrown out by a judge for lack of evidence.

Chalk it up to experience and leave the issue?

All you can do is leave it there is no positive proof the neighbour is responsible.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You are not allowed to film the public highway without permission from the ICO. You may film your own property and if the field of view extends as far as the road that is OK but that is locking the stable door after the horse has bolted. in this cas i agree with the Brig, you have no proof so little to be gained from trying to take it further as insurer or police wont want to spend time reaching the same conclusion.

On the issue of CCTV I have 2 cameras covering my garden, driveway and the road in front of my house. You can have CCTV covering a road if it is for the protection of your property.

Here is what the ICO say about it.

http://www.ico.org.uk/Global/faqs/cctv

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Anyone can film in a public place.

However, when it comes to making any footage public (i.e. putting it out in a public domain or broadcast), any person may not give his/her consent for any footage they are in to be broadcast if their images are identifiable.

If you park directly opposite his driveway that's not very neighbourly. My opposite neighbour did that to me the other day - I put a small note n his windscreen saying "I would not recommend parking here as my other car is a 'Y' registration Kia Rio, and is driven by a learner who may have problems getting the car out of the driveway" The offending vehicle was a '13 plate Vauxhall probably worth several times the value of the Kia Rio which was purchase for £1000! I don't think he will park there again, of course if he does I can always get my wife to move the car (she is the learner driver).

We don't have much option but to park opposite. Parking on the road is tight. We've always done it, and it was not problem before he upsized his car. If we were to park elsewhere, we'd have to find another road!

Add to this that he's had his son move in, who parks an estate outside his house, it doesn't make for an easy entry.

No further issues since, he's been avoiding us....

Parking disputes are common especially when roads are narrow and some people have driveways. My boyfriend can get his big estate car on and off my driveway without a problem even if my Neighbour from hell parks opposite. Ive just upgraded to a bigger car and can easily get on and off my driveway even though I live on a narrow street. I just take my time and keep watching what I am doing to make sure I don't hit anything.

Get some CCTV up just in case it happens again.

My neighbour once thought it would be nice to report me to the police saying I had wheelspun off my driveway, almost hit his car then raced off, turned my car around and raced out of the street. The local PCSO came round and proceeded to give me an earful until I showed him the CCTV of the day in question where I had no car!!

Parking disputes are common especially when roads are narrow and some people have driveways. My boyfriend can get his big estate car on and off my driveway without a problem even if my Neighbour from hell parks opposite. Ive just upgraded to a bigger car and can easily get on and off my driveway even though I live on a narrow street. I just take my time and keep watching what I am doing to make sure I don't hit anything.

Get some CCTV up just in case it happens again.

My neighbour once thought it would be nice to report me to the police saying I had wheelspun off my driveway, almost hit his car then raced off, turned my car around and raced out of the street. The local PCSO came round and proceeded to give me an earful until I showed him the CCTV of the day in question where I had no car!!

I hope the PCSO then preceded to give your neighbor a earful for wasting police time

Hope you reported the PCSO for wasting YOUR time, as they had no proof at all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Which is one of the reasons to have CCTV

• Confused 1

Oh yes i made a complaint in writing but all he got was a telling off and 'retraining'. Bloomin unreal. Neighbour has boxed me in, threatened me and has abused me in the street but police do nothing cos other neighbours stick up for him. He gets on the phone tells them a pack of lies and they are on my doorstep. All this because I parked in 'his' space.

To put the icing on the cake someone also called the police saying my 10 year old daughter (who is actually 13) was left in on her own. Police even said they knew it was a hoax but they have to investigate. I was at work that day and my daughters dad picked her up from school and took her back to his!!

Edited by Blondmusic