Promotion - unfairly Handled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon,

Recently at my place of employment, a large PLC construction company, 2 positions of Contracts Manager have become available within our region. I have worked at the company for over 6 years and am a grade below this working as a Senior Site Manager with a proven track record for delivering success on behalf of the company.

A position has been internally advertised which i have applied for and been selected for an interview later in the month. On speaking with our HR department, 1 of the above positions has been `given` to a site manager (a grade below myself) without internal advertisement or interview. Unfortunately, this position covers the area of our region that falls within the natural locality of where i am based, the other that has been openly advertised would involve far too much travelling for myself to be economical or realistic to the business.

The company is happy to interview me but the reality is that i could not possibly be offered the position. The whole process does seem to contravene the companies `equal opportunities policy` stating that all employees should be shown equal fairness when the opportunity for promotion arises.

I have lodged a grievance and am awaiting a reply.

Thanks,

Then that is all you can realistically do as they arent going to suddenly drop this person and offer the vacancy up again. They might, if you really push it but I would lay a pound to a penny the result would be the same. Seen it too often before so all you can do is to remind them that there are protocols and they are being watched.