Currys Misselling?

oilyfingers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

We bought a TV from them on Thursday and my son smashed the screen on Friday.

That aside I have been left out of pocket by Curry's.

The call centre advised I buy a lower priced set as I needed one pronto and get the broken one fixed.

It now transpires that the broken one is unfixable and I am left with a TV that is too small after spending £520 in 24 hours.

I asked them while I was in store about repair costs and they refused to give a ball park.

I thing I was deprived the ability to make an informed choice on this

but they say that I was all my decision.

What can I do?

Thanks.

to be fair im not sure this is currys fault

if they refused to give a ball park figure it was probably as they didnt know a figure

as for being deprived the ability to make an informed choice - How?

in the end no one forced you to buy a new set, yes they suggested it but once you found the other set was unrepairable then you would have needed to buy a new one anyway

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

The bit that got my goat is that once Curry's took my money I ceased being their customer.

All they had to do was say its not economical to repair but knowhow don't know.

I was recommended to buy a cheaper one in leu of repair but that is wrong and they won't even apologise or show any kind of empathy for my situation.

I know I needed to buy a new one but had I known all the facts I would have bought the same set again not a smaller one.

At point of sale someone in the store Im sure would have offered alternative insurance for the TV as Currys do and the fact you declined on receipt surely shows you take all responsibility of the actions taken to 'said' TV,

Sometimes its worth the extra, have you not home insurance for this?

• 1 month later...
if your not working you can take them to a small claims court

For what?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: