Wow, sanction targets

jadeybags
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is what you get with a tory goverment, cameron and co will only be interested in something if it will benefit the rich. they cut services for the sick disabled poor and elderly just so they can't spend more money on themselves, then they'll expect everyone to just believe the lies they'll tell to cover up what they have done.

What a read!!!

I could well have been that mole!!!!

Totally true - all of it. I like the bit about being middle class, of a certain age and looking at suitable employment within certain professions. From experience it happens as it is printed.

However to be honest, you shouldn't just make the DWP/JC out to be the lone wolf in all of this.

In the government dept I worked in there were targets galore!! Some you honestly wouldn't believe. There was even a league table of regions then offices that could get the highest number of prosecutions, get the highest number of Bankruptcy Restriction Orders and even targets with league tables for lowly IPA's.

How was that done? You offer no help or advice on what a customer is entitled to deduct from his income, you simply ask what he thinks he should be allowed to deduct from his income to arrive at a surplus of income. Guaranteed to be £100's less than what he should be deducting. With the right advice he would have a surplus to pay to the OR of say £35 a week. Without guidance and advice you could probably screw £200 a week out of him.

I should know, our office was up there month after month at the top finding every opportunity of getting the maximum amount of money in. Our Dept actually made a profit every year and had to hand over the surplus to the mother dept - the Dept of Bus & Enterprise - when Mr Darling was the SoS which was permanently in the red with it's budget.

Targets = bonuses, the higher up the table you are, the bigger the bonus. It still happens in all government depts. - it's the only way to keep staff motivated after being told to do twice the work load for the same pay.

And dare any officer even suggest that they should be helping the public - not persecuting them!!!!

As for the public trusting the civil servants - at their peril!! Manipulation has been rife for many years now just as long as the end result is what you desire.

At one time they could be trusted - now - you play on the fact that the public have no real idea of their rights. I have seen written statements taken in an interview that bore little resemblance to what was actually said and where terminology and tense were changed to appear to give a totally different view. The customer is then asked to sign it confirming that it is a true and accurate record. In all my years I have never known anybody actually read back 10 pages of handwritten statement before it was signed.

Edited by boodletum

A very interesting article - and one we totally expected too. Typical DWP; let's not have official sanction targets so that we can truthfully deny they exist, rather let's have local internal sanction targets instead and keep it within the office.

The bit about them picking on the quiet and helpless clients rings very true, I've noticed the JC clerks speak much more politely and carefully to those who know the rules and won't hesitate to complain, which is why I'm always urging people to read up on their rights and not make themselves an easy target.

I think I'll print that article out and give my local JC a copy, might rattle a few cages.

Also anyone who comes to sign who believe they are upper class, or lets say looking for work in certain sectors or area’s that jobcentre plus dont have expertiese in basically get a pass through the system until they find work

The class divide continues?

So the tip is to say you are looking for CEO work.