Park Direct 'fine'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All,

I received a 'fine' from these people and I've noticed the advice on here and elsewhere that basically says 'do not pay'. There is a good video of a solicitor, Tim Cary from Norwich, in an interview with Ann Robinson where he basically states the fine is not worth the paper it is written on and unenforceable.

However, since that video was posted, the law has changed and it is illegal to clamp vehicles. I actually emailed Tim Cary and his basic quote is £250 (no surprise there I guess so cheaper to pay the 'fine') but he did start his response by stating that his video interview was before the 2012 act and stated that as such it should not be relied on. That was a little scary.

So, my question is; are they not going to court more often since they have lost the cash cow of clamping?

I appealed to Park Direct but did not know about POPLA so lost that chance. I've now had a letter with the threat to go to court and am getting a teeny bit anxious about it. My wife will be very upset if bailiffs come to the door and I am not there.

What is the consensus? Any advice welcome.

Thank you

Edited by RTID

I thought POPLA was the 'independent' body once could appeal to??

Yes they are and when you appealed to Park Direct and they refused your appeal they should have told you how to appeal tp POPLA - hence I don't understand the bit where you say 'but did not know about POPLA"

Yes they are and when you appealed to Park Direct and they refused your appeal they should have told you how to appeal tp POPLA - hence I don't understand the bit where you say 'but did not know about POPLA"

Thank you.

I certainly appealed directly and they wrote back. I will check but I suspect it did mention POPLA but by then we had decided (after reading the various blogs etc) that we were going to ignore. So, for 'did not know about POPLA', read 'did not appeal to POPLA'.

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...